Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2014 7:06:33 AM EDT
I saw this notice on FB and took a look at the video for it, and despite the claims they make, it almost looks to me like it might over penetrate quite easily. Here is a video for it.

Dang it  my embedding skills are garbage today here is a regular link insteadRIP ammo
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:11:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That would be fun in a civil court.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#2]
We won't have to worry about it in CT, our brave legislators will outlaw it, except for the cops, of course.

You won't be able to use it for self defense, but cops will be able to shoot you with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 7:42:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I would prefer the Barnes bullet.  

I can get that in either .38 Super or 9x23mm Winchester.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Thats a different idea.  Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 9:37:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Extreme Shock 2.0 ?

Barnes XPB, HST, Ranger-T.  Weight retention > fragmentation in pistol rounds....
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:01:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm

We'll see - nobody will ever know until is produced, if ever.

Will it go by the road of Charlie Kelsey's wonder bullet?

Devel link

V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Extreme Shock 2.0 ?

Barnes XPB, HST, Ranger-T.  Weight retention > fragmentation in pistol rounds....
View Quote

im wondering what the actual penatration is, on both the petals AND the center slug, looks A LOT like the old glaser safety slug idea.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#8]
P.T. Barnum was right.

Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:14:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Feel like I just watched a tactical shamwow commercial.

And what will a CNC-machined round cost anyway?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#10]
96 grains. So its light. Looks like almost no expansion and lots of pennitration. Nice clean wound with minimal damage other than those tiny little fingers which I doubt would have much stopping power.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#11]
looks devistating. I would be interested to try it out. I wonder if the aggressive nose would cause feeding problems?
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:19:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Shotgun slugs huh...  isn't that just about how the old Remington Copper Solids worked?
View Quote

Very similar to the Ddupleks Hexolit steel slugs.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:23:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is a photo. It has no lead in it, which is quite innovative. I would like to see some review on it.
http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/gun-ammo.jpg
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJGH7cDFw7c[/youtube]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJGH7cDFw7c
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 2:53:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Lighter weight, and designed to expand quickly...I'm no physicist, but I'd say there is likely to be penetration issues. This is the one of the things on the internet where the product/article gives the dumb ass comments that follow it a run for their money in the stupid competition.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truly a prosecutors dream.
Link Posted: 1/25/2014 10:09:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the shooting was legally sound, then it wouldn't matter.  If lethal force is justified, then the means doesn't matter (vehicle, firearm, club, etc.).
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 4:14:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here is a photo. It has no lead in it, which is quite innovative. I would like to see some review on it.
http://www.conservativeinfidel.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/gun-ammo.jpg
View Quote

Nothing really innovative about a solid coppe expanding projectile, Barnes has been making the XPB and TSX for over a decade.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:29:08 AM EDT
[#19]
96gr total.

Within the first 4 or 5 inches, it sheds the "petals" which make individual, small wound tracks, nothing deep enough to reach vital organs.

The remaining base of the bullet, which is probably down to about 50gr of mass at this point, seems to be a solid slug that is acting like an FMJ ball round, hence the "deep penetration", but again without expansion, its a narrow wound channel.

From what it looks like so far, a gimmick round at best.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:39:37 AM EDT
[#20]
The rounds look like they will be expensive as all get out. being CNC machined.
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
96gr total.

Within the first 4 or 5 inches, it sheds the "petals" which make individual, small wound tracks, nothing deep enough to reach vital organs.

The remaining base of the bullet, which is probably down to about 50gr of mass at this point, seems to be a solid slug that is acting like an FMJ ball round, hence the "deep penetration", but again without expansion, its a narrow wound channel.

View Quote

This.
and something else the gun grabbers will use against us. Look at these evil flower baby killing heat seeking Gatling gun bullets!
Link Posted: 1/26/2014 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
96gr total.

View Quote

Agreed.  It's a frangible bullet - I wonder if it's any better than a standard frangible.  That can't be cheap to make.  Feed reliability is likely a treat with those sharp protrusions in the nose.  

Is this even legit?    Something I'd expect to see in the same flyer as:
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 8:47:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
96gr total.

View Quote

I agree that it appears to be an overpriced gimmick but remember that the 12" minimum is established so that a projectile can reach vital organs even if you have to take an oblique shot and the bullet needs to pass through an intervening object. In a more typical shot that does not include passing through an arm, those petals would certainly poke lots of holes in the lungs, pulmonary blood vessels, heart, etc.

Like I said, though, gimmicky bullshit.

Also, the "gel" shown appears to be Cleargel, not calibrated ordnance gelatin.
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:01:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

96gr total.

View Quote

+1. Would like to see it in standard gel, or clear gel/sim test that wasn't from the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 9:31:20 AM EDT
[#25]
with that shape bullet, i guess it will decelerate really fast
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top