Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 1:11:44 PM EDT
Hey everyone. A guy I was talking to a couple days ago told me that glocks are "unsafe"??? because it's common  that glocks shoot accidentally? He said because there is no safety

What do you guys think of this guy and his claims, is the glock really unsafe?
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
This is my safety.

Tell him to pull his head out of his ass, learn some facts, quit being a pussy and learn how to handle a firearm.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Glocks are not particularly "unsafe."

Some of their owners, on the other hand...

Quoted:
... What do you guys think of this guy and his claims...?

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep they go BANG when you pull trigger. My Glocks sometimes jump up and just start shooting stuff for no reason.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:24:01 PM EDT
[#4]
"Your" is spelled Y-O-U-R.  Just a note for future reference.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:28:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Glocks are a functionally safe weapon.

Not so safe they don't allow you to engage a target successfully or hinder you, but safe enough for me to carry around all day without concern of it going off if it gets dropped, hit, etc.

I refuse to agrue the merits of a Glock pistol. I love 'em!!

Edit to add:

No safties!! There's 3!!!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Why dont you make a bet with him. Get a primed casing and put it in a Glock. Tell him to throw the pistol or run over it with a car and the primer will still be intact. Glocks are very safe, it's idiots who cant keep their finger off the trigger that have problems. Ask him where the safety is on a revolver.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
All guns are safe. People are not. Simple...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

shut up
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

shut up

You should capitalize the S and add a period at the end.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#11]
There are no AD's... only ND's.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:12:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Glocks are just like any other gun....if you are unsafe with them, there is a possability that you are going to hurt yourself.  

I while back I was showing my father my new Springfield XD that I bought (which has a trigger safety like the Glock, but with the addition of a palm safety like a 1911).  He's looking at the gun, holds it, and squeezes the trigger....CLICK! ........."you didn't have the safety on!!" he tells me.  

Luckily I made sure to clear the gun before handing it to him.......but for some reason if there was a round in the chamber, he could have hurt someone really bad.  You never squeeze the trigger of   gun unless you are ready for it to go BANG!  My dad is not around guns very much, so I guess he just wasn't thinking when he pulled the trigger.  

Now if there was a round in there, and he shot someone on accedient....would it make my XD dangerous?  All guns are dangerous....learn how to handle them safely.

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:23:07 PM EDT
[#13]
I never pass a semi auto pistol to an individual without dropping the mag and locking the slide back, thus allowing them and myself to visually confirm an empty chamber and a properly cleared weapon.

Not cracking on you or your dad at all, this is just my routine is all.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 2:49:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Glocks cannot fire accidently. The user can fire them negligently.

1) Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction.

2) Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until you're ready to fire.

If you do that with a Glock, or any pistol, it will never accidently go off. Unless you screw up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#15]

I never pass a semi auto pistol to an individual without dropping the mag and locking the slide back, thus allowing them and myself to visually confirm an empty chamber and a properly cleared weapon.

Not cracking on you or your dad at all, this is just my routine is all.

Yep.....I did clear the gun and drop the magazine.....but I guess I should have left the slide back.  Good point.  

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:10:00 PM EDT
[#16]
No gun in good repair, regardless of safeties, will fire unless the trigger is pulled. Unintentional Discharges are basically ALWAYS a software problem.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

shut up

You should capitalize the S and add a period at the end.  

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:24:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was signing up for fucking ESL when I registered to AR15.com. Get off my nuts professor. I'm sure you have better things to do with your precious time than to school me over the internet. Hold on. No, you probably don't, because you sit there making 15 posts a day. I'm guessing you do this in the comfort of your mothers basement, surrounded by 8-10 plates that are growing mold. Your CCW gives you a sense of power and placement in this world, when in reality you are more likely to use it to shoot yourself in the head in a hostile situation than to point it at an aggressor. You really feel special about your 20,000+ contributions to this site, and use your post counter as a testiment of loyalty to an "elite organization" that you talk to your nerd friends about.

just ease up on the english lessons man. ur not l337 or anything. no matter how many posts you have, and no matter how many of my posts you correct, cuz ur still a dumb fuck in my eyes.

Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:35:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Wow, I'm sorry. I didn't know I was signing up for fucking ESL when I registered to AR15.com. Get off my nuts professor. I'm sure you have better things to do with your precious time than to school me over the internet. Hold on. No, you probably don't, because you sit there making 15 posts a day. I'm guessing you do this in the comfort of your mothers basement, surrounded by 8-10 plates that are growing mold. Your CCW gives you a sense of power and placement in this world, when in reality you are more likely to use it to shoot yourself in the head in a hostile situation than to point it at an aggressor. You really feel special about your 20,000+ contributions to this site, and use your post counter as a testiment of loyalty to an "elite organization" that you talk to your nerd friends about.

just ease up on the english lessons man. ur not l337 or anything. no matter how many posts you have, and no matter how many of my posts you correct, cuz ur still a dumb fuck in my eyes.

Relax Francis.  Every one gets their balls busted for asking questions.  Ignore them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:46:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Take it easy bro, it's all in good fun. Relax and enjoy your Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:02:27 AM EDT
[#21]
all in all, Glocks are as safe as any other weapon.

The problem comes into play when you get complacent. To disassemble a glock, you have to pull the trigger (correct? i don't own any glocks). Well, sometimes people get complacent and drop the slide before dropping the mag. Or, they forget they had one in the chamber. They go to disassemble it, pull the trigger, and the firearm does what it's designed to do. It fires.

Complacency kills.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:05:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
all in all, Glocks are as safe as any other weapon.

The problem comes into play when you get complacent. To disassemble a glock, you have to pull the trigger (correct? i don't own any glocks). Well, sometimes people get complacent and drop the slide before dropping the mag. Or, they forget they had one in the chamber. They go to disassemble it, pull the trigger, and the firearm does what it's designed to do. It fires.

Complacency kills.

You are correct sir!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#23]
All guns go bang. If you train correctly and handle it in the way it is meant to all is good. If you are surprised by a AD or ND. First rule not to brake is, know your target and what is behind it. The trigger control is in the strongest finger which is connected to our brains.
In all my shooting I have had one A/ND it was due to me jumping on to the trigger before I had the weapon on target. But due to the fact I was in control of were the weapon was going it landed just feet from the target.
Only near BAD ND I have heard about was from a team member. While reholstering a Glock, he keep his finger on the trigger. But he was in control and felt the holster start to apply pressure on his finger and he stopped.
He did brake one of our rules about reholstering, thumb is placed on the back of the slide and T finger is straight and outside of the trigger guard. Fast out of the holster but slow to reholster (time to relax action is over)
Basic gun handling skills are the root to putting an end to AD/ND

PS: All guns are HOT unless you unload and look and feel!
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:12:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Only problem I have had with my glock is an accidental double tap. It happened when I was shooting off-hand (IDPA practice).  It was the first time I shot left-handed with the 3.5 lb trigger.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:18:20 AM EDT
[#25]
......and pencils cause misspelled words.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:27:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Only the porcelain models are unsafe.  To make it so they could not be detected by metal detectors, Glock had to remove some of the internal parts designed to keep them from going off at random.  Small price to pay for being able to carry anywhere, undeteted in my book.

Tell you friend that he has received bad information.  Glocks are safer than the revolvers everyone carried around for 100 years, but if you pick either one up and squeeze the trigger on a live round, it's gonna go bang.  Don't squeeze the trigger and you get no bang, that simple.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
There are no AD's... only ND's.

I dunno, I almost had an AD looking at that other thread of yours just kiddin man.  But damn damn nice.  And thanks for posting em
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Glocks have 3 internal safteys, they discharge when some idiot puts his finger on the trigger and pulls it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:06:10 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

roboedar,

In online forums, knowledge, shown attitude, prose, and grammar are some of the very few factors which help us know one another.  Your initial post was, to say the least, poorly written; and your attitude is even worse.  For being (conspicuously) a cherry, I think you should show some humility.  You are right, this is not an English class, but showing a little professionalism is the least you can do.  The majority of my posts in this forum are questions and Combat Jack is one of those forumists whose opinion and advice I have come to appreciate.  I don't personally know him and this post is not in his defense—it’s merely advice for you.  Take what you wish and discard the rest.  

Now, go wash the sand out of your vagina and let this be forgotten.

Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:22:54 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Lets leave it be and not fight on the internet like a bunch of retards.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top