Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 12:42:07 PM EDT
anyone know where I can get nice wood grips for a Bulgarian Makarov? I've tried makarov.com, and they have nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:48:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:
anyone know where I can get nice wood grips for a Bulgarian Makarov? I've tried makarov.com, and they have nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated.

I am told pearce grips are the best. Butting "asthetic" features on a Makarov just does not seem right. Its like decorating your work truck.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 12:50:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Originally Posted By Enigma102083:

I am told pearce grips are the best. Butting "asthetic" features on a Makarov just does not seem right. Its like decorating your work truck.

true, but Maks are so cheap that I like to buy a spare and do a bit of home gunsmithing/custom work because I enjoy doing that kinda thing. I could probably make grips, but I don't have *that* much time on my hands.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:16:48 PM EDT
This guy is in Norway - makes smooth wood grips.
Totally custom one man show - you have to email for prices and wait time.

www.imageseek.com/hakan/
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:21:07 PM EDT
Have you tried Ajax Grips in Texas yet?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:06:38 PM EDT
Try looking at www.topgunsupply.com/catalog.0.html5.0.html

I shamelessly snagged the photo from www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=116372
Theres a few threads on grips over at www.gunboards.com/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=3
One of the interesting ones is the make your own grips using a sanded down red star and laminating wood slabs on it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:03:37 AM EDT
I have one of the oversized walnut grips that Makarov.com used to sell.

These things were fatter than the excellent Pearce rubber grips and did a superior job of handling recoil - but did I mention that they were huge?

Right now my favorit EG mak sports the original "thumb rest" "target" grips that it wore when it was imported and I've got a strip of deck tape on the front strap. Pretty happy with that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/dolomite1911/cowbell1sz.gifThe Original Dolomite® – Arfcom Refugee
Top Top