Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 9:21:11 AM EST
a guy at the flea market has two of these with case and all paper the price seems good pistol 99% any advice da only no hammer hi- cap mags any opions?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 12:18:21 PM EST
Are you talking about the Sigma? If you are don't give over $150 for it because you'll not get that much out of it when you sell it. I had two Sigmas in 40 and had a very hard time selling them. I was told by a Smith & Wesson dealer at a gun show that the Sigma is a give away gun for Smith. If he ordered 5 S&W's the company would throw in a Sigma for free. Also, some problems have been reported with them. If you need a good, compact semi check out the Cobra Int. Arms Patriot. It comes in 9mm, 40 S&W and 45ACP. Dealer price from SOG is $189.00
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 1:22:03 PM EST
Tell him you will give him $250 and take both of them off his hands. These guns are not the best of pistols. I have read where they have numerous problems and are not all that reliable. A friend of mine picked one up at a gun show for $200 about a year or so ago and he hates it. It is not very accurate and has feed and eject problems. He can't sell it because no one will give him what he paid for it so he decided to just keep it until it breaks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 4:54:59 PM EST
heh heh heh... if he is keeping it only until it breaks he wont have to wait long. S&W is a great brand but stay the hell away from the Sigmas unless you are a gunsmith and feel you need to have a POS to practice on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:11:45 PM EST
The Sigma is not one of Smith and Wesson's better products. I owned one...once.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 6:55:11 AM EST
I own two of them.

One in 9mm, one in .40.

I trust the .40, 100% BUT--- only with a load that I have shot, and shot, and shot through it.

135 grain round nose, Hydra-shocks work fine for me. It is my back up gun when hog hunting.

I prefer the sigma .40 to my Glock 23 for a main CCW gun.

TRG

PS. They are right about the price. ZERO resale. buy LOW, cause you are going to sell lower.
Top Top