Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 11:22:22 AM EDT
E.B. K.C., Picked it up today, I"ll send a range report tomorrow

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:38:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

just took it apart, greased it up a lil, and its slide stop is 10x harder to get back in than my wilson
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:11:43 PM EDT
[#3]

Darn, nice piece.  You still have that Wilson Combat CQB too?

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:15:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Darn, nice piece.  You still have that Wilson Combat CQB too?

still got it..

Still trying to get this slide stop in, using the 'credit card' technique,and its just not going in, afraid to put the "noob" scratch on it first day
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Tight tollerances are wonderfull.

Sometimes the CC trick doesn't work because the card is too thick.  You may want to try a little masking tape and be real careful with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Sometimes the CC trick doesn't work because the card is too thick.  You may want to try a little masking tape and be real careful with it.

single piece or fold it in half?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

single piece or fold it in half?

slide plunger just isn't moving...i'll have to wait to tomorrow
tried the tape tried the real small laminated piece of paper..
typical
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
slide plunger just isn't moving...i'll have to wait to tomorrow
tried the tape tried the real small laminated piece of paper..
typical

To avoid an idiot scratch here’s another method you might try...

Remove the thumb safety to relieve the tension from the slide stop detent. Then replace the slide stop... it will take no effort at all with the tension removed. Now take a Q-Tip (with the cotton removed), toothpick, or jeweler’s screwdriver to depress the thumb safety detent and ease the thumb safety back in place.  

noob statement, how do you remove the thumb safety
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#11]

• Now take your Q-Tip (with cotton removed), toothpick, etc. and push the detent into the plunger tube while pushing the thumb safety back into place and flush onto the frame.

• Aj,
    You rock bud, that worked out well. The only step I got nervous delayed on was the one above but once you learn how to angle the q-tip, you are good to go. Thanks again bud for not allowing me to scrape the hell out of my brand new 1911 :)
    Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:05:08 PM EDT
    [#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

noob statement, how do you remove the thumb safety

Lemme’ give this a whirl...

• Cock the hammer back.

• While pushing on the thumb safety pin from the right side of the frame, slowly wiggle the thumb safety between the “on safe” and “off safe” position. There is a relief cut in the frame that allows the thumb safety to be removed or installed while between the “on safe” and “off safe” position.

• The thumb safety should now push out towards the left side of the gun... be mindful of the plunger tube spring/detents as they may want to “shoot” out of the plunger tube.

• Now install the slide stop.

• To install the thumb safety, first take a look at the cut out in the frame for the thumb safety lug. You’ll notice that, as I mentioned above, it is an ovular hole with the relief cut on the left side. That relief cut is where the engagement lug on the thumb safety goes in and that should give you a visual of what position the thumb safety has to be at in order to remove or install the part.
    •  

• With the hammer still cocked and the plunger tube detent assembly in place, insert the thumb safety pin into the frame. It should stop on the detent protruding out of the plunger tube.

• Now take your Q-Tip (with cotton removed), toothpick, etc. and push the detent into the plunger tube while pushing the thumb safety back into place and flush onto the frame.

Pfft!

Cliff notes:

'Jiggle the handle!'

Sorry - please adopt me instead of Lumpy. I'll bring my own ammo!

Chrome,

that's a sweet 1911.

Tagged for range report.
    Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:36:14 PM EDT
    [#13]
    I have a better deal......You don't even have to adopt me.    I can bring my own ammo and I'll reload yours for you to boot.  I just wannt check out AJ's merchandise!

Glad to hear you wiggled your release in place, chromeluv.  If that doesn't want to just make you take it apart 900 times a day, what does?
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top