Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2003 7:52:49 PM EDT
NOT THE TOKERAV CZ. I am talking abbout the compact .32 caliber.

I know that the rounds doesnt have the dropping power of a .45 so spare me the "Get yer self a 1911" posts.

Anyone like these pistols?

Look beloew at my latest post!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:01:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I like mine, I only wish I'd bought more than one !!!

great little thing.  I have mine in the truck for Justincase

I read about ammo problems, but everyone pointed it out to be non european ammo.  I'm using the RWS/Dynamit Nobel stuff in mine w/o any problems

here are a few pic's of mine:
groups.msn.com/ColoradoAR15ShootersSite/7idlcz50.msnw
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good,

What have people been saying about non-european ammo?

Does the Sellier & Bellot ,32 ammo run well in them?

How about mags. Are extra's expensive and is your CZ50 the arsenal refinshed ones?

Sorry for all the questions!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Looks good,

thanks

What have people been saying about non-european ammo?

Feed problems, european ammo doesnt have it.. IIRC, it was something to do with the OAL (?)

Does the Sellier & Bellot ,32 ammo run well in them?

I donno, would speculate that is would work ok.  It's made in Czech., no?  I wonder a bit too, as I've been eyeballing the ads in SGN.

How about mags. Are extra's expensive and is your CZ50 the arsenal refinshed ones?

I think mine was VG from Century, 2 mags came with it.. and I don't believe it was refinished.  Overall, I'm quite pleased with it.  I did a 100% total strip down and clean upon it's arrival.  shoots pretty darn good too

Sorry for all the questions!

No problem
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought four of them here in Germany in the late 80s.  Bought them at the Rod and Gun in Munich and Bad Tolz.  Two came with flap hostlers.  Mine where made between 1950-52 and have Czech military/police markings on them.  Shot nothing but S&B/Hirtenberger ammo though them at the time.  Generally run hot reloads though mine (71 FMJ @1100 fps/85 XTP @ 1000 fps).  

There are two types of mags those with and without finger groove on base plate.  Some Wather PP mags in 32 do work in the gun.  Don't use the ones with the rib on the side.  You can use the Walther in the CZ but not vice versa.

One trick to locking the slide open without a empty mag during inspection is to insert a finger inside ejection port and push up on the slide stop to engage slide.  

I cracked one of my grips 8 years ago and have searched long and hard for the grip.  Finally found one here at a gun show in Germany 2 months ago.  Picked up a complete set and another left side.  Course  a week later their list in Shotgun News for $30 set and mags $25. (1 Apr 03/1 May 03 issues).

At the time I bought them I was collecting CZ pistols.  Had two CZ75s, a CZ 85, CZ 83 in 380 (ATF won't let me import the CZ 52 or CZ 82 at the time) plus the four 50s.  I do like their pistols.

De Oppresso Liber

71DL thanks for the links
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Forgot to mention one of the things I like is the safety.  You have the following carry modes.

1. Round chambered, DA, off safe
2. Round chambered, DA, on safe
3. Round chambered, SA, on safe (aka cocked and locked)

Plus if you push the safety all the way down it decocks the hammer and moves back to safe (wonder where Taruas got the idea).

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 7:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]
When I used to subscribe to the C&R mailing list there were lots of reports of soft slides on these.  Most everyone who bought one was reporting varying degrees of peening on the slide.  That was the main reason I resisted the temptation to get one.
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Well,

I just won a CZ50 off of an auction on GunBroker.com for $120.
Ofcourse I dont have it in my hands, but the finish is said to be refinished(parkerized) along with an arsenal upgrade at the factory.

Here is a pic:

So, how did I do?
Link Posted: 6/18/2003 9:35:15 PM EDT
[#9]
BTW:

I have looked all over the place and have yet to find mags that are more than $20 each!
Anyone know where I can find some cheaper?
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 4:40:06 AM EDT
[#10]
do they have the extention on the bottom? (Mags).. I could appreciate more mags

oh yeah, $120 seems fair.  I paid $126.87 delivered.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 6:12:24 AM EDT
[#11]
I think you did pretty good.  I wish we had both bought them about a year and a half ago, when they were only 79.00 from SOG!  That's the fun of C&Rs, they come and go, and the price always goes up and down.
Link Posted: 6/19/2003 5:13:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
do they have the extention on the bottom? (Mags).. I could appreciate more mags  

Well, you mean these:

CDNN has these brand new from CZ for $25.

I guess I'll get one too.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 8:04:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I love my CZ-50.  Great gun.  I got mags from:
Tom Forrest, Inc.
10031 Main Ave.
Lakeside, CA 92040
619-561-5800
They charged $20/ea (I bought 6) and the shipping ran an additional $7.00
 (I recommend this company)

I like the RWS/Dynamit Nobel ammo and
the S&B ammo.  I do not have a recommendation
regarding "carry ammo"...I just shoot mine at
targets.

VF
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top