Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2002 3:13:43 AM EDT
I am considering getting a springfield arms compact or micro .45.  Also Kimber ultra 10 II.  The Micro almost looks too small.  I want something small enough to carry every day but good accuracy @ 25 yards as well.

Any advice experiences?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/6/2002 4:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Springfield Mil-Spec Micro compact and love it. very mild recoil and is a tack driver to boot. Has everything I need on and and nothing I dont. Only thing I plan for it is to send to back to SA and have it refinished in black Armory Kote. It is my backup to my fullsize 1911's and also serves as primary when I cant carry a fullsize. Has also been 100% flawless.
Link Posted: 11/24/2002 1:05:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Kimber Ultra Elite.  It shoots great.  The gun is as accurate as most full-sized 1911s.  That being said, the short sight radius makes the gun a little more difficult to shoot accurately at 25 yards, although slowfire shots were fine.  We used to shoot spent 12 ga. shells that we would stand on top of a target stand at 25  yards and slow fire see who could knock off the most with X number of rounds while hitting the shells one at a time.  

If you train with it, you will do fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top