Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/1/2006 8:06:35 PM EDT
hi all  

trying to expand to other areas of the board and not just use it as a social network  

so for my first post in this forum, i thought id post my boomer for you

its a S&W .357, 13-3--its currently in several pieces--the firing pin broke --hubby ordered a new one though, so i hope its fixed soon  

eta: a second pic i forgot i had
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:11:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pistol there, any trouble firing it with full power loads?
Hope you and the hubby are doing well up there in Ohio.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 1:39:15 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks, gary, hon

we are well--hubby loves loading for the 357 and he loaded some really hot ones he decided to pull apart, i think--you think its possible hot loads contributed to the firing pin breaking or is it just normal wear and tear??

he got it used while still in MO and we have had it for a year
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Probably normal wear and tear and/or just one of those random things.  That's why to check firing pin for cracks each time as part of auto-pilot inspection when picking up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The firing pin broke?!?!?!? But that is a Smith and Wesson, nothing else in the world is better (except maybe a glock or 1911 depending on which type of fanatical nut job you are talking to
How hot is he loading them? I done got me a .357 and I have loaded up some fire breathers for it and let me tell ya, you know when you pulled the trigger. (BTW, mine is a Ruger Security Six, it can't break
Be sure to tell the hubby I said hi and y'all are missed here at the MoDCC shoots.
Oh yeah, I will be driving through ohio the beginning of june, keep and eye on hwy 70 and I will wave as I drive past.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#5]
It's not that I loaded 'em hot, but I set the bullets a tad deep

Don't know if that helped break the hammer, there's no telling how old or how many rounds it's seen.

Gary, I believe you've even shot it.  I had it at our little get together December '04 at BRRC.

How hot is he loading them? I done got me a .357 and I have loaded up some fire breathers for it and let me tell ya, you know when you pulled the trigger. (BTW, mine is a Ruger Security Six, it can't break

I was using H110.  Switched to Blue Dot, and so far minimum loads are fun enough with it.  Gotta love that fireball
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:42:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I used to love 18.5gns of WW296 (max load) behind a 125 JHP in my 4" GP100.

Every time you pulled the trigger, it felt like someone took a phone book and hit you in the face with it.  Oh, and it was impossible to keep your eyes open when you touched 'er off.  What fun!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top