Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/6/2004 8:11:39 PM EDT
I've been wanting a MK23 since I read about the trials back in the ninties.  Now that I have one I have found that stores don't carry anything for it which I can understand why.  I hope you guys can direct me to where to find the equipment that I am looking for.

Tritium Night Sights:  I saw that cffa.com had some that came from Germany however I'm not sure when that was put on his sight.  Today is Labor Day so they are closed.  I will try to call again tomorrow.

Insight LAM 450:  I see Cal's Sporting Armory has them on sale for about $1230 and have ordered from them before with no problem however I have one question about the LAM that I posted below.

Tactical Holster:  I have a few Safariland 6004 holsters for my 1911A1 pistols and have good luck with them.  I would like to find one of them for this New Hog.  I have looked at Blackhawk Industries however the only holster that I find from them is the MK23 with the LAM attached.  I may or may not get a LAM so I want to keep my options open.

"Consealment" Holster:  I know, I know....with a pistol this big I know that it is not ideal for concealed carry.  And if was to use it in an engagement it might be used against me that I used a "Military Offensive Handgun".  However with that aside I still would like to find a high quality concealment rig.  I have several Galcos.  Miami Classic, SOB, and a few others that escape me at this moment.  It must be high quality.

Steel Magazine Bases:  I have heard that somebody out there is making steel Mag bases.  Anyone know who?

Magazine Carriers:  I really like the plastic mag carriers that I have been useing.  Can I just use the same carriers that they use for the Para Ordinance or other high cap .45acp mag?

Last but certinaly not least...

Magazines:  With the AWB sunseting I(Along with whole bunch of others out there) am chompting at the bit to get high capacity mags for my new pistol.  If anybody could put me in contact with a reputable contact on where to get "exLEO"(00:01hrs 14-Sept-04) or "preban" 12 round magazines I would be greatfull!

Thanks for reading this rather long post.

I am the proud owner of my first H&K handgun! Ye-haw!

Waz
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:11:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Tritium Night Sights:  I ordered a set from Larry at ccfa.com.  $149.00 plus $17.00 ups 2nd day to Alaska.  He said they are right from Germany.  Only thing is the front sight is backwards from normal ramps.

Concealment Holster:  I contacted Blade Tech on this...The maker of my 1911A1 holsters and mag carriers.  They said they could make me one for the MK23.  One with and one with out the LAM.  I ordered one of each $89.95ea.  I also ordered one double mag carrier and one carrier that held the mag and light combo(lens up) for $59.95.

Insigh LAM 450:  I conacted Insight on my question about this unit as I had ime to kill at work.  I contacted a sales rep(name unknown) and said she had one in her hand.  It only toggles this way....Laser Only--Laser and Light.  You cannot use just the light.  When you switch on the light the laser comes on as well.  Oh well...not really an issue a guess.  I'll probably end up getting one in the future.

Magazines:  I have contacted several companies with the SunSet coming on monday.  I have "preordered" 10 - 15 magazines and are set to arrive sometime late next week.

Tactical Holster:  I am going to contact a couple of shops in the Anchorage area to order a Safariland 6004 holster.  I like to buy local however most of my tastes and budget exceed what most shops carry for the general public.

Supressor:  I only thing that I am realy thinking about putting on this pistol is a SWR HEMS-II.  I have a couple of Gemtech SOS-45s for my 1911s and have one of SWR's Ruger MKII supressed.  I don't know yet....I will have to see what else is one the market and shop around but I'll probably end up getting a SWR.

As I can see the MK23 isn't really a popular subject here however I hope this post helps somebody looking into the same ares of interest.

Thanks for your time.

Waz
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:13:25 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a good chain for that boat anchor.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh yea....good catch I forgot about that.....I've used the Blackhawk Lanyard for years with my 1911s however I've been looking at the Gemtech lanyard because is has a quick disconect buckle....I'm not really fond of quick stuff so I don't know just yet what I'll do about that....probably end up getting a Blackhawk Lanyard....We'll see.

I may be nuts about getting all this for the old anchorhowever
I don't plan on strapping it on everyday.

Just my .02

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:28:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I would go with the Gemtech just in case it falls overboard it won't drag you to the bottom with it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:11:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol its not that heavy...
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top