Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2003 3:30:34 AM EDT
I got the XD-40, olive drab lower, fixed sights, 4" bbl.

I dont think I will get a .45 again. For those of you who have not yet fired the XD-40, it is a great weapon.

How are the 9's fairing along?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I went the other way. 40 USP and 226 to a 45 1911. To each his own I guess. Have been thinking of getting one of those small XD's in 9mm. Would like to hear about them as well.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
You're preachin' to the choir with me.  I have 6 .40's now and only 2 .45's!
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 6:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got XD9 and XD357 service models. Seems the .40 is all I'm missing in the service model.  I'm going to start working on my "tactical" models next, and I fear the 9mm might not have a very fast cycle rate in the "long slide" model, so I have to decide between the .357 Sig or .40.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 10:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Why would anyone want a .40 when they could get a .357Sig? Makes NO sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:11:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Ever try reloading the 357 sig??  Might as well forget it, shoulder caves in 90% of the time.  

I do like the 357 sig though!

I have the XD40 service, armory koated, black on top green frame. I love it. When my money is not so tight I plan on a compact.  
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:49:08 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want a .40 when they could get a .357Sig? Makes NO sense to me.

And neither of the calbers ya list'd are any better than one well placed 45acp round.

Calibers are like drawers, some like boxers, some like briefs, and then there's the "speedo" crowd......., guess your one of "them".

Mike
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I love mine!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:08:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have been thinking of getting one of those small XD's in 9mm. Would like to hear about them as well.

i was at the store yesterday and was skimming the various handgun mags and came across a glock 17 vs. SA-XD9 test. the author rated the XD superior to the glock with the exception of long term durability, simply because the XD is what? a year old vs. the 17 been out since 1980? but the XD passed the same various torture tests. left it in the freezer for a week,left it on the deck of the car in the sun for a few days, buried it in dirt and dust, left it out in the rain for a couple of days, said it still went "bang" everytime. i believe it said it fires underwater from the factory (glock requires a change in parts, but please correct me if i'm wrong). pretty impressive. only time will tell if it's a durable as the 17, but i expect it will be.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top