Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2006 8:31:07 PM EDT
i just want to know some simple loading data information for my .45 i am shooting 230 FMJ for accuracy, no lead. appreciate any info i get. ( HK USP tactical if that makes a difference)
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:27:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Lyman 48th Edition Reloading Handbook
Lyman Pistol and Revolver: Reloading Handbook 3rd Edition

Both are good sources for reloading information and proven receipes.

Shok
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]
AA #5 is an excellent powder for full-power .45 ACP loads. In fact, that is what it was designed for.

Use standard loading data and you can't go wrong.
The .45 ACP is about as nearly fool-proof to reload as you can get.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:32:32 AM EDT
[#3]
IBTL!!!!

(Oh, and 5gr of Winchester 231 behind a 230gr hardball is a nice light load.  Work up from there - get a manual.... dont ask for recipies until you have done your homework)

Did you think of posting this in the reloading forums?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 11:34:54 AM EDT
[#4]
If accuracy with 230 is what you are looking for try Winchester Super Target,  and Hogdon Clays (not universal clays).

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top