Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 11:37:53 AM EDT
Ok, I'm putting in an order for some SA .223 from AIM Surplus (aimsurplus.com), and I noticed that they have .45ACP FMJ ammo for $89/600rds ($7.50/box). Said ammo is described as 'WWII dated USGI', 50rds/box, with the boxes stored in a 'sealed steel can'.

I've got a 1911, and where I live, the going rate is $10.55/box (with tax). This is a 'range gun' (no CCW in WI), so FMJ vs HP is not an issue (I normally shoot FMJ).

My question is: Is this ammo worth buying? Will the age affect it's usefullness as range-only ammo?

P.S. I put this here because the pistol board has no 'ammo' section that I could find...
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks... Very usefull info...

Since I allways give my .45 a good scrubbing after I shoot, the corrosive ammo should be OK...

I just have to make sure I never forget to clean...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top