Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2006 4:33:00 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a .40 Hi-Power mag that holds more than 10 rounds?  I'm guessing that this is something that has been covered here before, but I did a search (albeit a quick one) and couldn't find anything on it.  My searches at different retail sites has turned up squat.  I just purchased a .40 Mk III on gunbroker and while I know I'm going to be pleased either way, I'd like to know if I might be able to find a bigger bottle for my soon to be delivered baby.  
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
In my understanding, no.  The .40 HP holds 10 rounds.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 3:52:36 PM EDT
[#2]
FN/Browning has never made .40 mags with a greater capacity than 10.  That said, you need not worry; just change mags and you have another ten at the ready.

I've owned two BHP 40s, one tuned by Don Williams; frankly, BHP40s are the best handgun on the market chambered in .40SW.  I kick myself every day for selling them.

I shot a Gunsite class withone of them and it was ultra reliable, ultra accurate and I could not have been happier. Did I mention kicking myself for selling???

The BHP .40 is a keeper, and, in my opinion, the best, bar none, handgun ever chambered for the .40SW round.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 7:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
FN/Browning has never made .40 mags with a greater capacity than 10.  That said, you need not worry; just change mags and you have another ten at the ready.

I've owned two BHP 40s, one tuned by Don Williams; frankly, BHP40s are the best handgun on the market chambered in .40SW.  I kick myself every day for selling them.

I shot a Gunsite class withone of them and it was ultra reliable, ultra accurate and I could not have been happier. Did I mention kicking myself for selling???

The BHP .40 is a keeper, and, in my opinion, the best, bar none, handgun ever chambered for the .40SW round.

Thanks for the info...

I thought maybe the 10 rounders were a holdover from the ban era.  I didn't know if any >10 aftermarket mags were available.

The HP hasn't arrived at my dealer yet (was shipped from the seller on the 18th) and I've very much been looking forward to getting it.  I've wanted one for a long time, and after reading your comments, I'm just about all tore up over it.  Hope my experience is as good as what you and others have had.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You should be pleased with your purchase, I got a 40 HP a few weeks ago and despite the nasty trigger  it's more accurate than my two 9mm HP's, which is saying something. There's nothing like a Hi-Power!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top