Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/9/2006 9:35:01 PM EDT
im down to these two calibur,s i want something this size for ccw.the 9mm holds more rounds but hk does NOT recommend plus 9 ammo in the p2sk,which is what i like to carry.the .357 sig round has the speed of the 9mm plus p but better knock down and penatration.any toughts?
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:46:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The SIG is a much better stopper than the 9mm by far; no question about that.  On the otherhand, in a pistol the size of the SK recoil is going to be a factor and if you do not have experience or want to put in the time to learn to the control the recoil of the .357 in such a small package then the 9mm is better for you.  In regards to round count, a friend of mine likes to ask people who come in to the shop with their number one priority the number of rounds the mag holds, "Just how bad a shot are you?"  I love it.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The SIG is a much better stopper than the 9mm by far; no question about that.  On the otherhand, in a pistol the size of the SK recoil is going to be a factor and if you do not have experience or want to put in the time to learn to the control the recoil of the .357 in such a small package then the 9mm is better for you.  In regards to round count, a friend of mine likes to ask people who come in to the shop with their number one priority the number of rounds the mag holds, "Just how bad a shot are you?"  I love it.

yea that,s right!i do have a colt defender,para warthawg and a glock 30 all in .45 so im used to recoil in a small package,i just wish i knew someone that had one in .357sig to see if it,s recoil  is similar to a .45 ,less or more.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I think the best description of 357sig recoil as compared to 45ACP is - sharper.
Total recoil is about the same, .45 is "softer".
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 2:35:31 PM EDT
[#4]
How does the .357sig compare to the .40 S&W?

How does the P2000sk in .40 compare to the USP .40c? I find the USPs have very manageable recoil.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top