Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/8/2003 9:50:16 AM EDT
Hi I was wondering if anyone has heard of a .22 cal Hand R pistol? I found my fathers old one and I cleaned it up,but I was wondering if anyone has parts or where might I get them? Thanks Jimmi
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 10:57:16 AM EDT
Harrington and Richardson. Still in business as New England Firearms, tho its doubtful they would have parts for the old stuff. Numrich is probalby you're best bet.

H & R built thousands of small inexpensive 22 revolvers over the years. Generally decent machinery but no one would ever mistake them for Smith & Wesson. Taking the internals apart is not a job for a rookie. Lots of pins and stuff.

Link Posted: 11/12/2003 2:46:12 PM EDT
Thanks I have broke it down complete just wondering if I could find parts. I know its cheap but it was my Fathers so its got some meaning to it. If I remember right I think he bought it in 1973 for 32dollars lol.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:05:11 AM EDT
My grandpa has one of those, takes it with him deer hunting. I think he figures he'll shoot squirls with it or something! They're fun little guns. When I was little and I'd go visit that was always the gun I wanted to shoot at the range. He always tells me that it was a stiff little gun until I shot it so much that I smoothed it up. The guns with family value are more important than any 'custom' 'limited' 'super-anything' could ever be. Have fun with dads gun, shoot it!
Top Top