Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 11:03:33 PM EDT
So, from previous topics we know what you carry; now, lets discuss how you carry.

What is the different means by which you find best meets your differing needs? Lets break this down into different categories to provide specifics:

Based on weather type (hot & cool) what do you use to keep your favorite piece attached to you in a concealed, yet comfortable manor? Is it, say, a shoulder harness, inside belt holster, etc.?

Perhaps different scenarios as mentioned in previous topics about setting (dress, work, formal, leisure, etc.).

My objective is to find out what works best for you so I may learn and find a way to better how I carry.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:26:37 PM EDT
[#1]
IWB 4 O'clock, any weather
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
also, here's a good thread over at THR that will probably help you out some: The High Road - CCW - Covered And Uncovered Pics.

it's just what it says: pictures of people carrying both covered (normally) and uncovered (so you can see the firearm)
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Belt holster (Kramer) in the winter under a jacket or over shirt. Inside the wasteband (Sparks Versa-Max II) in warm weather. Eagle fanny pack in the really hot months.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 2:59:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I wear a holster on the strong side at 3 O'clock. What type? I use a Milt Sparks Mirage, belt slide, most of the time. This means 5 days a week. On the weekend I use a Milt Sparks Summer Special and an alessi IWB Hard Shell Talon. I carry a S&W M457 in the cold and a Kahr K40/K9/E9 in warm weather. Regards, Richard
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#5]
No matter what the weather my carry gun and method of toting it around remain the same. A 5” 1911 tucked into a strong side IWB by either Alessi or Sparks. I’m another one of these guys who thinks weather shouldn’t effect your carry gun or way of carrying it.

Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I agreed until I moved to a place with 100+ degree temps.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry a Glock 23 .40 caliber.

I use the Uncle Mikes Inside the waist holster.

My method goes like this:

I holster the gun right in the center of my hip area. So when I sit doesn’t the gun doesn’t ride up or squash me balls.

I also wear a thin Hanes large wife beater under all my shirts and tuck the bottom of the shirt in the clip of the holster. That way if for some reason I list really high and my shirt rides up the wife beater is still hiding the gun and holster.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 4:01:12 PM EDT
[#8]
During cold weather I'll carry either IWB strong-side w/out a holster or use a horizontal shoulder holster under my jacket. During warm weather I carry IWB strong-side w/out a holster with my shirt untucked.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 5:55:46 PM EDT
[#9]
G19 about 4 o'clock in an OWB DeSantis holster year round.

P32 with side clip in same spot when I need deep concealment or when I "can't carry."
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 6:14:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

yeah, it only got to 97.8 F here today.  I guess that extra 2.2 degrees will make me suddenly need to carry differently
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I use whatever means is convient to carry a full size gun and spare ammo.  That combined with the amount of time I spend in a vehicle varies what I use.

The belt holster is faster when under a jacket than the IWB.

The IWB hides the gun better when Im just in a t-shirt or in a light short sleeve overshirt.

The Eagle bag works great in the summer, especially when belted into a car.

If flexibility makes me wrong, I'll live with it.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 10:13:38 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
If flexibility makes me wrong, I'll live with it.  

it doesn't make you wrong.  I admit to, and apologize for, reading way too much in your comment about thinking otherwise after moving to a warmer locale.  for some reason I read it in a condescening way.  no harm no foul.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 11:26:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Its all good brother.  I forget to expand on my thoughts sometimes.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:35:11 AM EDT
[#14]

What is the different means by which you find best meets your differing needs?

I carry 75% of the time in an IWB.  In winter I will shift to a revolver in an coat pocket as I am so layered up with extra clothing I could never get to an IWB.  Picture the Michelien man trying to quickly draw from an IWB.

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:38:41 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Lumpy, remember it's a dry heat.  Just joshing you, guy, I lived in Phoenix for 18 years.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 11:26:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Yeah its a dry heat if I dont drink water to keep myself sweating...
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Am I the only one who still carries "Mexican"?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:31:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Dont foresee strenuous activity while armed?
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:51:07 PM EDT
[#19]
I carry my G17 strong side about 4 o'clock in a Galco IWB.  I always wear a vest.  I'm one of those weirdos that will wear a vest year 'round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top