Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/11/2006 7:49:55 PM EDT
Just got back from the range 500 rounds lighter. 90 rounds of .223 through my AR, 350 rounds of 9mm though the CX4 Storm and S&W 908, and 70 rounds of .380 through the brand new Kel-Tec (50 of Remington UMC 95gr. MC, and 20 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 102gr. JHP) without incident.

Last night I did a mild F&B, cleaning, and thorough lube with Militec lube and grease on the P3-AT's slide before firing a shot. I've read on a few Ket-Tec boards that that should be standard procedure before shooting the little .380 and now I can attest to the validity of the procedure. The KT never faultered. If I have the same success this weekend, after another thorough cleaning and re-lube, it's go into a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for daily carry.

Nice little gun.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 11:17:49 PM EDT
I, too have had no problems with my P3AT. I did the required F&B before the first range trip. I have over 100 down the tube with no problems. Shoots Winchester Ranger JHP just fine. Is ALWAYS in my front pocket in a DeSantis pocket holster. (to my wife's displeasure - she said "you actually are carrying a gun on Christmas?!?")
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 8:15:37 AM EDT
I am a big fan of the little P3AT. It is almost always in my pocket. I have a couple hundred rounds through it with no malfunctions. I also printed out the F&B instructions from the Kel-tec owners group site and performed it before the first range trip.

I currently carry it in an Uncle Mikes pocket holster but I am not that pleased with the holsters function. I have heard good things about the DeSantis Nemesis, so I think I am going to order one of those in a few minutes.

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 9:53:02 PM EDT
My 380 is still in break in, but I would like to carry it if it works out. Give a holler if you find a good deal on the holsters. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 12:41:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By kahrk-9:
My 380 is still in break in, but I would like to carry it if it works out. Give a holler if you find a good deal on the holsters. Thanks.

You can order them from Dillon Precision for like $15
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:52:42 AM EDT
Thanks I'll look into that
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 7:09:54 AM EDT

Originally Posted By miamilightning:
Just got back from the range 500 rounds lighter. 90 rounds of .223 through my AR, 350 rounds of 9mm though the CX4 Storm and S&W 908, and 70 rounds of .380 through the brand new Kel-Tec (50 of Remington UMC 95gr. MC, and 20 rounds of Remington Golden Saber 102gr. JHP) without incident.

Last night I did a mild F&B, cleaning, and thorough lube with Militec lube and grease on the P3-AT's slide before firing a shot. I've read on a few Ket-Tec boards that that should be standard procedure before shooting the little .380 and now I can attest to the validity of the procedure. The KT never faultered. If I have the same success this weekend, after another thorough cleaning and re-lube, it's go into a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for daily carry.

Nice little gun.

Jesus, how'd you handle that on a single trip to the range? My P3AT hurts so much I'm lucky to get 30 through it before I retire it and move on.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 8:08:08 AM EDT
Top Top