Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/13/2007 3:03:57 AM EST
for several months i have been looking on various auction sights to find a freedom arms 454 casull premier grade. i know they can be bought new but the $$$, whew... even used in great condition they command a huge premium compared to virtully every other handgun made. by chance i was on gunsamerica yesterday running a search (yes at work, what else would i do at work...work?) and i found under itmes added today Freedom arms premier 7.5 with leupold scope 4x mint as new cheap $1395. this was the title line in the add, i opened up the add and the stars  must be aligned since of all  of the dealers and sellers in the U.S. the store selling the gun was 5 miles away from my office. someone is telling me something....i must own this gun. i sent the owner an email questioning him as to confirm the condition and see if he would part with the gun for 1295. after a few minutes i called the store and spoke with one of the gun guys and he confirmed its a premier looks mint, i told him that i would be down in 30 min and to please hold the gun. i said by the way would the owner sell the gun for 1295, he says no, he is firm with the guns listed on the auction sight. i go to the store and sure enough its a premier grade 454 casull. it does have the silver 4x leup long relief scope. the only flaw is the box cover is pretty beat up and the former owner (just dropped 4 guns off to be sold 2 hours earlier) had misplaced the rear sight for the gun. i called freedom arms they said its 127.84 for a full rear sight, and i told the owner. he said its got a scope what do you needd an iron sight, and i mentioned i have never sight any scopes on pistols just iron. besides the gun looks cleaner with no scope. i asked, if there was any wiggle room and he said you mentioned what...1295 in your email and there was this pause for about 5 seconds then he said i will do that. SOLD, than he said to me you must have jumpped on the add as i only posted it a few minutes earlier, he told me an old man was selling his entire collection and will be dropping off 5-6 guns every few weeks for me to sell. than he said did you see the smith in the case? i asked which one he said the 29 with the unfluted cylinder and adjustable front sight. he handed me the gun, my brain was rolling as i remember back in 1988 this gun being a cover gun on shooting times magazine. the price 525, and get this NEVER SHOT. no score lines in the cylinder, nothing. it didnt take long to say fine i will take this also. well it looks like rice and water for the next month or so but i have two amazing guns to enjoy shooting and add to my collection.
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 3:22:07 PM EST
9second,

You are one lucky man....oh and we expect pictures SOON!!!

tex
Link Posted: 4/16/2007 11:58:34 PM EST
You scored a good one.  Those guns are really expensive.
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 3:07:52 AM EST
i keep saying i am going to post pics, but i need to buy a camera. right now all of the funds are buying guns and ammo...could i have my priorities in the wrong place???
Link Posted: 4/17/2007 2:45:28 PM EST
Pictures would be nice... how about a little overtime to buy the camera for us   hmmmm?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:00:06 AM EST
i think i will pick up a cheap, camera.....i would never use that word for guns but i think buying a cheap camera is ok.... any suggestions on what brand?
Link Posted: 4/19/2007 3:54:53 AM EST
9secondsflat,

If you don't want to buy a cheap camera, and save for a better one, buy one of the disposables and take the best pictures you can with it. When you have the pictures developed, have them create a CD of the pictures as well. You will then have something you can share electronically. Works great....I used to do this before buying my camera.

tex
Top Top