Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 6:11:18 PM EDT
I just saw these on Dillon's website under the "training and practice accesories".  What are they for?

Link
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 7:07:04 PM EDT
[#1]
it does say training and practice....
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Designed for safe, low-cost practice when firing live ammunition is not practical, X-Ring Rubber Bullets are unsurpassed for safety, speed, accuracy and economy. Box of 50.

TOTAL COST: $7.50 QTY     Add to Cart

these are designed to be fired using the primer only - i challenge you to a duel
[i bet they would hurt!]
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:32:31 PM EDT
[#3]
so you'd load them the usual crimping way, just sans the powder?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
so you'd load them the usual crimping way, just sans the powder?

just press 'em into the empty, primed casing...
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:17:55 PM EDT
[#5]
hmm...maybe I'll try a few out sometime.  Will a primed only case cycle the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Made for city dwellers to practice firing in your garage.

You can set up a trap with two pieces of rubber sheet. The first one is cut into 2" wide strips and the second is solid to catch the rubbet bullets.

I have some old plastic Speer ones that I have loaded into 357 they work and give those poor souls in the city a chance to do more than dry fire.

ETA:
Speer plastic bullets

More of them
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
seems to me without the kick and range all u are doing is checking to see if your primer will go off....

its like throwing a dart at a dart-board 1 foot away????
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#8]
About 400 ft per second. Would want to be hit with it.

You could put an eye out!

Just practice to hold on a target and practice pressing the trigger. Cheap practice.

I have some that have been used about 10 to 15 times before they cracked.

My wife used it to practice trigger pull on a 357 revolver.

It won't cycle a semi auto , you will have to single load those.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#9]
seems like it would be cheaper and easier to just train with an airsoft pistol....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top