Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 9:07:33 AM EDT
My XD-9 has a groove worn around the barrel, about 6mm from the muzzle.  You can feel it, it has gone through the finish into the metal.

I haven't seen this kind of wear before.  Have any of you seen it?

I e-mailed SA about it, waiting to hear from them.

Functionally, it has been a great gun.  
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, I'm seeing the same thing on my XD.  Seems to be common.  Check out www.hs2000talk.com - there is a lot of this type of discussion on there.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
It seems they all have it.must have something to do with the barrel slide lock-up I would think.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
over 15k rounds... all normal "witness marks"...  it shows how the barrel is fitting in the slide tightyly.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
over 15k rounds... all normal "witness marks"...  it shows how the barrel is fitting in the slide tightyly.

The concern here is that this is worn into the metal of the barrel.

Wouldn't continued wear allow the barrel to move and affect accuracy?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top