Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/16/2005 1:21:34 PM EDT
Real simple question.  Has anyone done a torture test with the XD like they have done on the Glocks?  How did it do?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Real simple question.  Has anyone done a torture test with the XD like they have done on the Glocks?  How did it do?

I imagine you would have to speak and read Croatian to find it if it exists.  Try also HS2000 as a search title.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:38:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I recall reading an article earlier this summer where a gunwriter put an XD9 through a 20,000 round torture test.  Froze the gun, submerged it in water, filled it full of dirt and sand, mud, you name it.  ZERO malfunctions.  Does not suprise me, I have nothing but good things to say about my XD40.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I recall reading an article earlier this summer where a gunwriter put an XD9 through a 20,000 round torture test.  Froze the gun, submerged it in water, filled it full of dirt and sand, mud, you name it.  ZERO malfunctions.  Does not suprise me, I have nothing but good things to say about my XD40.

Do you remember where that article was?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I have heard about (but not seen with my own eyes) torture tests done on XD's.  They are supposed to be every bit at reliable as the Glocks.  I know several people that own XD's (including myself), and several that won Glocks........they are both great guns.  

I like the XD better because it seems to fit my hand better than the Glocks.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 7:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Here's the link from XD Talk.  The post is from the author.  The XD equalled or surpased the glock in all tests.

http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=20502&highlight=torture
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:49:42 AM EDT
[#6]
It was in the Guns and ammo (Handguns) only issue june and july.  I have that issue if you would like I could make you a copy of it and mail it to you.  It passed or surpassed the glock in every test.  You might be able to get on guns and ammo web sight and find it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 10:22:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here is a video showing the independent testing done to the XD by Packer engineering. The testing is about half way through but if your an xd fan the whole thing is interesting. Warning this is for high speed internet users only the video is 83.6mb and in MPG format.
www.xd-hs2000.com/movies

the right click and save the xdsalesvideo
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I imagine you would have to speak and read Croatian to find it if it exists.  Try also HS2000 as a search title.

What does that mean? I'm not sure if this is intended to be some sort of slam toward the XD since it happens to have been designed in, and is manufactured in, Croatia, but I certainly doubt that all reports Glock are in German.

Excellent products, and more importantly, great IDEAS, can come from outside the U.S. too. I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but we don't necesarily have a monopoly on good ideas.

Call me a commie, but I also hapepn to like Japanese cars and those awful Brazillian-forged Springfield 1911s.

Then again, perhaps I totally misinterpreted Mattl's post, in which case I apologize for the rant.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:12:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 7:24:31 AM EDT
[#11]
That thread about the XD's the PD had was pretty bad. It almost caused me not to buy one, but I got what I thought was reliable information that those problems are limited to the XD40 4" Service. I have a 5" Tactical and have had only 1 malfunction in almost 1500 rnds. First round out had a FTF, but it was the first round I had ever fired in it and from the 12 rnd mag that was  horribly tight. After that never had a bit of trouble, other light light surface rust that wiped off and was my own fault, forgot to wipe it down with RIG after cleaning it.

From what I understand, 4" and 3" in all calibers uses a captive guide rod/spring set up and it is what messes up. The 5" uses a normal non captive set up similar to the Ruger p-series. But mine has been utterly dependable mechanically.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that mean? I'm not sure if this is intended to be some sort of slam toward the XD since it happens to have been designed in, and is manufactured in, Croatia, but I certainly doubt that all reports Glock are in German.

Excellent products, and more importantly, great IDEAS, can come from outside the U.S. too. I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but we don't necesarily have a monopoly on good ideas.

Call me a commie, but I also hapepn to like Japanese cars and those awful Brazillian-forged Springfield 1911s.

Then again, perhaps I totally misinterpreted Mattl's post, in which case I apologize for the rant.

I'd bet that since it's such a new gun, the most testing on it has been done in its country of origin.  In a few more years, (you know, after is has been in a few movies), there will be articles about torture tests in most of the countries where is can be sold.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:53:02 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
That thread about the XD's the PD had was pretty bad. It almost caused me not to buy one, but I got what I thought was reliable information that those problems are limited to the XD40 4" Service. I have a 5" Tactical and have had only 1 malfunction in almost 1500 rnds. First round out had a FTF, but it was the first round I had ever fired in it and from the 12 rnd mag that was  horribly tight. After that never had a bit of trouble, other light light surface rust that wiped off and was my own fault, forgot to wipe it down with RIG after cleaning it.

From what I understand, 4" and 3" in all calibers uses a captive guide rod/spring set up and it is what messes up. The 5" uses a normal non captive set up similar to the Ruger p-series. But mine has been utterly dependable mechanically.

I got a 3" and a 4" on layaway.  Hmm maybe I don't want these after all.  Do all the 3" and 4" use a captive guide spring, or just the .40's?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I can't seem to break mine and they are definetely accurate.  Not 1911 accurate, but good enough for me.  

I did catch one spot of rust on my XD9 Service model but after wiping it with CLP it is gone away.  Can't say enough good things about XDs.  
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a 3" and a 4" on layaway.  Hmm maybe I don't want these after all.  Do all the 3" and 4" use a captive guide spring, or just the .40's?

If you're worried about it, just buy a aftermarket replacement.
www.pistol-gear.com/products.php?cat=8&PHPSESSID=17c09420eab65a06439afa5c1fb9035d
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:12:07 AM EDT
[#16]
OK lets get the Facts straight
#1 hs2000 was introduced in 2000 so it has been here 5 years
#2 Springfield armory bought the rights to market it and made name change to Xd(xtreme duty)
#3 Yes sub compact and service both have captive guide rods(Service can be change to a one piece)Only 2 ever have failed in service models.Springfield replaced one of the guys pistol because it locked up his pistol.
#4 20,000 Round torture test Froze ,Drop off cliff ,packed in sand,gravel and Ran over buy a truck.
Yes he broke the cocking indicator off and it still fired every round.Zero malfunctions.Note this was not a special built or tuned Gun bought from a store out of inventory.
I own all Three models in Fourty cal.No problems and have at least 10,000 through the 3" and 4"
If you limp wrist you will have malfunctions.
S.A. offers a lifetime Warranty yes no matter who owns it.
The whole history and story available here xd-hs2000
Ajames51 hasn't finished everything but a ton of info and all kinds of pics
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top