Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2003 11:06:38 AM EDT
At one time i heard that sights for a Sig would mount on the XD pistol. is there any truth to this? I want to put a set of MMC sights on the one i have and the Sig sights are more readily avail.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:38:41 AM EDT
[#1]
True. SiG 226 sights work just fine but removing the stock sights is a bear.
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 3:51:14 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for your help
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 1:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]
They do work! I put a set of Meprolights on both my XD's!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
There seem to be two types of SIG sights.  I believe one is for the P229, and the other type is for all the rest of the SIGs.  The second type is what will fit the XD.

I just put an LPA black adjustable rear and a Hi-viz front on my XD Tactical, and I think it's a big improvement.  The LPA sight required the elevation screw to be shortened somewhat, since it was bottoming out on the slide.  Also it overhangs the rear of the slide by about 1/4", but I don't mind this because it increases the sight radius, and this is a competition gun anyway.  

The Hi-viz sight looks cheesy, but it has held up through three matches so far (IDPA and the SA Action Pistol Challenge).  That huge dot really jumps out at you, and much easier to pick up than the Dawson Precision fiber optic.  Plus, it's a very simple matter to swap out light pipes.
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I just ordered my set of Mepro lights for my XD. I can't hardly wait!
The XD40 is one of the most accurate out of the box handguns I've ever owned. I've heard all the horror stories about the finish rusting or otherwise, but I have yet to have any problem with mine. I work nights and its usualy foggy or humid. I use it as my carry gun and havent had the problems others seem to have. The night sights will be the icing on the cake(so to speak).....One very happy SAXD40 owner
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 1:57:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I have 2 XD's and I didnt see any finish problems till summer hit then my 9mm I use for carry started rusting because of how I carry I sweat on it! It was an easy fix to take it over and have it recoated, now its better than ever! I cant wait till the compact .40 comes out then I'll have three!
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 11:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
The stock XD sights are pretty dismal.  They wash out badly in daylight.  Replacing them with anything else would be an improvement.  Here's a photo of my XD Tactical with the Hi-viz front and the LPA adjustable rear.

Edited to fix broken link. ~BB
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top