Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/7/2004 1:36:39 PM EST
WTF? I read an article in american rifleman about this a few months ago. It was going to be an XD in .45 GAP (glock auto pistol) From everything that I read it looked like the show was on the road. Since then however I have heard NOTHING from any other source about this and SA has NOTHING about it on their website. Its as if the project never existed. What gives?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 3:30:54 AM EST
Oh it exists. The guys on the HS2000-XD board have a couple of stickies up about it. October or November is when the gun is supposed to be out. That's all I know. They have several pictures from this year's Shot Show where the XD in .45 GAP was displayed.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:14:04 PM EST
Yeah buddy... the gun rags have had several favorable articles about them... coming around November from what I understand.

Looks like a great round for those who want a .45 but have smaller hands or shorter fingers.

Now if ammo prices would come down just a bit more...

They already have come down a good deal, and with the release of the new XD I belive that the demand will be high enuf to make the market a bit more competative and bring prices down a bit more.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:30:21 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/12/2004 8:42:59 PM EST by Arch-angel]
I saw it displayed on the Guns and Ammo or American Rifleman television show a few weeks back. I just read an article about how the .45GAP out performs the .45ACP. The magazine performing the test was Autoloaders.

www.outdoors.net/site/features/feature.aspx+Forum+Firearms+ArticleCode+1117+SearchTe­rm+

Talks about 45GAP and picture of the XD version - Very long good info
mywebpages.comcast.net/petej/45gap.defend.htm
Top Top