Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 7:17:36 AM EDT
I see the .45 XD is either out, or will be available soon. I'm very intrigued by this pistol, I shot one
once and was impressed by the accuracy also. Couple of questions

1) I looked @ Springfield's site and saw some specs, such as # of rds, 30oz's and 7.25" length.
Does anybody know the other specs, such as overall height and width?
2) Do the other handguns in the XD family come with the holster/mag holders etc? Springfield's
site states the gear can be used with the full line of XD's.
3) Why does the USA action trigger systems state 5.5 to 7.7 lbs? Is the trigger that
inconsistent, or is there a way to make sure you get the 5.5 lbs trigger.

Thanks
NoComp
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:13:55 AM EDT
[#1]
1: It's the same size as the XD-40 Service except the grip is 1/4" longer.
2: Some do, some don't.
3: These are manufactured in Croatia by factory workers, not the SA Custom Shop.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm thinking about grabbing one of these.  Any idea on pricing?  

If not an XD45acp,  does anyone have any suggestions on a medium-small auto in .45 acp?  My current pistol arsenal is a Kel-tec P3AT (.380) and a Beretta 92.  I'd like to get something in 45acp that wont break my bank to buy or my back to CCW.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 8:12:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Supposedly it is only $23 more than a XD-40 Service model. Since it's new expect to pay a higher upcharge for the first batch. Most of the prices I have been hearing are in the $460 - $520 range.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Anyone know if there coming out with a subcompact too?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]
I got this in an e-mail from a Springfield rep Wednesday afternoon.

4in Black or Green $559
4in BiTone $595
5in Black or Green $595
5in BiTone $628

They said the 5" model will be available in a few months and the 4" model is to start full production at the end of this month.

ETA: Prices are a reflection of MSRP only.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#6]
gotta get one of those!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top