Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/29/2006 3:40:43 PM EDT
Does anyone know where to get a tactical holster for a XD? I have been looking with no luck. I will be getting my XD here shortly and was wondering if anyone else have looked. I was also thinking that it is similar size to some of the glocks.... Is there maybe a glock holster that would work if they don't make one dsigned for the XD?
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:48:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2006 2:49:17 AM EDT by noobshooter]
Are you looking for a drop leg/ thigh rig? Something like this? www.skdtac.com/category.asp?CATEGORYID=221

If so, look for one that fits a Glock 35/Sig 226. I got the HSGI from SKD

If you want a cheaper one look at Cheaper than Dirts web site.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:43:21 AM EDT
Several make them either directly for the XD or get the Glock/P226 holster:

Directly fits:
Safariland 6004/5
G-Code with the REAC
Specter Gear
Blackhawk SERPA (have to buy the tactical adapter too)

Get Glock/Sig version:
Any Blackhawk dropleg version
Any Eagle dropleg version
Any HSLD dropleg version

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:28:55 PM EDT
Thanks guys! this is what i'm looking for. the info is much apprecated.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:10:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/2/2006 10:14:01 AM EDT by Gunbunny]
my BlackHawk SAS dorpleg holster fits my sig226 my glock 22 and my XD tatical ( its the one that fits sig/glock)

I know that safariland makes a tatical kydex holsetr 6004 for the XD's

http://www.safariland.com/products.asp?id=138
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:56:19 AM EDT
I have an uncle mikes kydex tactical holster. Holds it nice and snug yet gun easily slides out, no straps or thumbreaks at all
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:15:57 AM EDT
Does anyone khow of one for the 5" XD with a light attached? I e-mailed Safariland about a month ago and was told that there are no plans for tha 6004 for this set up in the forseeable future...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:24:13 PM EDT
Anyone know where one might find a tactical holster (preferably a thigh holster), that can hold an xd-9 with a streamlight m3 attached?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 1:34:15 PM EDT by Headlice]
www.blade-tech.com

They do not have XD 45ACP or GAP holsters yet....but everything else is good to go.

IWB, drop leg, OWB....all kydex if that is ok.

I got one IWB and works great. Get the snaps, not j hooks.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 4:29:40 PM EDT
I've read some less than sterling reviews about the Blade-tech thigh holsters.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 5:20:38 PM EDT
I ordered one of these: Specter Gear

Haven't received it yet, so I can't tell you how high speed / low drag it is, but I hope to have it by this weekend.

By the way, first post over here on the handgun forums, just got my XD .40 this past Friday
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:23:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/8/2006 7:37:41 PM EDT by duckdefender]
Here's a thigh holster that will fit the xd with a light mounted:
http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=1937&d=

choose the one for the glock/sig226 model. Just ordered it last week so hopefully it will be coming any day now. I actually got a great deal on it because they are cleaning out their inventory from the factories and got it for $34. Not a bad deal. Think they still have some left that fit the xd for that clearance price, if this intrest you, i would jump at the deal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:39:06 PM EDT
Thanks. This is the one I just bought.

"OMG VI ASSLT HLSTR W/LT BK-USP-40 W/UTL & GLOCK 35
SKU: 40QD61BK
Black"

I am assuming it is the same one you meant. It shows a sig in the holster and it says glock, if not I will use it for a USP 40. It was a really good deal, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 5:32:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 5:35:50 PM EDT by duckdefender]
this is the actual the one i got.
40QD01BK
OMGVIASSLTHLSTR W/LIGHT-BK-SIG226-8/GLCK17,19,22,23
just came home today. havent had a chance to fully try it out but i put my springfield xd with my streamlight m3led in it and it fit perfectly, doesn't wiggle around or anything. When i get home ill try to post up a better review. But from the way it feels and looks, it looks like a pretty awesome deal.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 6:11:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/9/2006 6:13:47 PM EDT by duckdefender]
Just went on their website and it seems that they have sold out or are not offering it at the clearance price in black. But they still have it have it in od green or tan for 40 bucks. Here's a link to the specific model. Here is also the sku # for it 40QD01OD ( Olive Drab green) or 40QD01DE ( the Desert tan). Still a great price at 40 bucks.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=4492&d=
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 8:20:02 AM EDT
The tactical holster that I bought from blackhawk came in the mail today.

Although it said it was for the "USP-40 W/UTL & GLOCK 35" it worked with my xd-9 with m3 attached. The gun fits perfectly and is secured perfectly, I didn't really need to adjust anything either. So if you want a nice black tactical holster that will fit your XD with a streamlight m3 check this one out.

http://www.blackhawk.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2580&d=
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:08:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/22/2006 2:11:51 PM EDT by STRIKERS_RODENT]
sealsactiongear.com/catalog/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=540&image=

This looks like it would accommodate any tactical add ons.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:09:38 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:00:23 PM EDT
i personally purchased a blackhawk serpa holster for my xd40. i love it and it cost me less than 60 bucks. came with the holster and 2 attachments, a belt loop adapter and a paddle adapter. they will also attach to the blackhawk vests and thigh rigs. Blackhawk is the only gear I choose to buy.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 7:46:02 PM EDT
I've been looking at holsters lately.. and Fobus aucully makes a Drop leg holster.. the great thing about it is you can swtich out to eather Drop Leg, Paddle, standard or service belt, or sholder holster.. depnding on the attachments you buy..

the holster itself runs anywhere from 22-30 dollers and then the drop leg rig is 40.. with the holster you do get a paddle or belt attachment in that cost and you can adjust cant on these..

heres the holster...

Roto Holster

Roto Holster Attachments
And if you want to have a light Lazer on it use this one.
Tacial Speed Holster
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:22:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Anarx:
I've been looking at holsters lately.. and Fobus aucully makes a Drop leg holster.. the great thing about it is you can swtich out to eather Drop Leg, Paddle, standard or service belt, or sholder holster.. depnding on the attachments you buy..

the holster itself runs anywhere from 22-30 dollers and then the drop leg rig is 40.. with the holster you do get a paddle or belt attachment in that cost and you can adjust cant on these..

heres the holster...

Roto Holster

Roto Holster Attachments
And if you want to have a light Lazer on it use this one.
Tacial Speed Holster

I've had fobus before, and they'll never be my first choice for anything. However, you can do the same thing with a G-code. I run a G-code kydex as both a paddle holster and as a drop leg holster in carbine classes. Works very well.

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:44:12 PM EDT
May i ask why? the G-Code is twice the price of the Fobus.. what is it that you get with that price differnce?

Jess
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:37:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Anarx:
May i ask why? the G-Code is twice the price of the Fobus.. what is it that you get with that price differnce?

Jess

A much higher quality holster with better retention of the weapon, better retention of the holster on the belt and a cleaner draw. The G-code doesn't require the slight twisting motion to draw that's so common with the fobus. Presentation is much crisper, without the problems with the weapon hanging up on the draw that's so common with the fobus. I also use the paddle for belt carry, and the same paddle configuration is used as the anchor point for the drop leg platform. The G-code paddle has an inner ridge that really grabs the waistband, keeping the holster firmly anchored during any movement or draw. The fobus paddle, on the other hand, was smooth and tended to slide around or pop out on me.

Not the best picture of the paddle / ridge, but...

Front view of the G-code mounted on the REAC drop leg platform;

If you ask about the fobus in the 'training and tactics' section, I think you'll get some good feedback from several handgunning instructors describing what they see in classes.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:41:50 AM EDT
Smak, I just noticed that you're here in chedderland. If you can make it to any of the shoots or classes at Driftless (check in the WI Hometown forum), you're more than welcome to play with the holsters I have for my XDs.

These shoots are a great way to see and evaluate gear before you buy. The Defensive Edge training offered at Driftless is also top notch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:47:26 PM EDT
Tommy thank you for the good reply i see what your talking about.. it is a nice solid setup..

i had a Fobus for my 1911 and had no problems with it thats why i was asking.. but i did pick it up used and it had looked like the person before me had sanded down part of the holster a little bit.. perhaps thats why i dident have any problems with my draw.

Jess
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:10:07 PM EDT
Thanks for the offer! i might take you up on that sometime soon!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:16:38 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Smak101:
Does anyone know where to get a tactical holster for a XD? I have been looking with no luck. I will be getting my XD here shortly and was wondering if anyone else have looked. I was also thinking that it is similar size to some of the glocks.... Is there maybe a glock holster that would work if they don't make one dsigned for the XD?

I am going with the BlackHawk CQC and drop leg rig. Seems to be a decent set up, modular so you can also use it for a belt holster as well.
Top Top