Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 4/4/2007 5:56:59 AM EST
Hey guys I own a .45 XD tactical & I truly love it. First pistol I ever owned & the first gun I ever owned couldn't be happier. I've been looking for someone who makes a recoil buffer for this fine firearm & just haven't been able to find one. Do you guys know of any?
Link Posted: 4/4/2007 6:54:43 AM EST
are you asking about a hevier recoil spring, or one of those little plasit buffers that you insert into the gun?

if so i would recomend against the recoil buffer thing a ma jig.
go to www.pistolgear.com they have ss guide rds DGR's as a matter of fact and a bunch of wolff springs that you can put in there. that is exactly what i did to my xd service model .40 the recoil is about the same i guess i can't tell a difference but there is a difference in the muzzle flip. you can get different weights depending on what you are gonna do with the weapon.

btw congrats on the gun that is an excellent choice. i am the proud owner of 2 xd's.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 6:37:39 AM EST
Well I do want to get a heavier recoil spring but I was talking about those little plastic thing's.
Link Posted: 4/13/2007 7:40:13 PM EST
The places that impact a 1911 buffer are not their for the XD to use a buffer.  The metal to metal impact is on the XD is made for this, use different springs if you want to change the feel.
It is a nice pistol to shoot, and I need to get out more with mine,
Link Posted: 4/14/2007 6:59:38 PM EST

Well I do want to get a heavier recoil spring but I was talking about those little plastic thing's.

ok sorry, but i don't have any expeience with them.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:42:38 AM EST
I don't want to do this to change the feel of my gun because I love how the feel is now. But when you have metal hitting against metal something will give eventually I just want to do it to prolong the life of my gun.
Top Top