Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2005 7:00:31 PM EDT
So where on earth do you buy new factory Springfield mags? Only ones I can find are on gunbroker and they are $29 apiece. Anyone find any place that has them, Springfield only lists for the 1911s.
Link Posted: 7/18/2005 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, so $20-$29 is the avg norm I take it?
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:16:17 AM EDT
[#3]
10 and 12 Round mags cheapest place and low shipping

I have bought alot from them
Pistol-gear
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 1:55:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Scott at Pistol Gear is a great guy.  He'll treat you right.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 2:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks, so $20-$29 is the avg norm I take it?

Yeah, if you can get them at the lower end of that...then buy a few. I have had problems finding them for less than around $27.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
10 and 12 Round mags cheapest place and low shipping

I have bought alot from them
Pistol-gear

I jsut bought some from him for 22.99. outstanding service. This is the place to buy mags. 22.99 were for hicaps
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I am gonna pick some up from Pistol Gear next payday along with some other goodies. I finally got it out of layaway on Friday, and damn thing only came with 1 hi-cap. WTF is up with that, I got one 12 rounder and one 10 rounder, bastardly Springfield. I was thinkin at first maybe mine was before the ban but I have one hi cap and the 1 fired brass it came with says Feb 05(the envelope the brass was in not the brass itself). I think the gun store did some swapping and took some hi caps from guns after the ban and put them with guns they got before the ban so people got at least 1 hicap. But that is just my whacked out conspiracy theory. Anyone else buy one recently that only one hicap? But damn this XD was well worth the money, I love it, not as much as my 1911 though but almost.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I am gonna pick some up from Pistol Gear next payday along with some other goodies. I finally got it out of layaway on Friday, and damn thing only came with 1 hi-cap. WTF is up with that, I got one 12 rounder and one 10 rounder, bastardly Springfield. I was thinkin at first maybe mine was before the ban but I have one hi cap and the 1 fired brass it came with says Feb 05(the envelope the brass was in not the brass itself). I think the gun store did some swapping and took some hi caps from guns after the ban and put them with guns they got before the ban so people got at least 1 hicap. But that is just my whacked out conspiracy theory. Anyone else buy one recently that only one hicap? But damn this XD was well worth the money, I love it, not as much as my 1911 though but almost.

My XD that was test fired in October of '04 came with 2 12rders and a big yellow sticker on the plastic case that said "W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"

I think your conclusions might be on the right track.

WIZZO

BTW, my XD-40 Tactical has been absolutely perfect. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:32:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My XD that was test fired in October of '04 came with 2 12rders and a big yellow sticker on the plastic case that said "W/HIGH CAPACITY MAGAZINE"

I think your conclusions might be on the right track.

WIZZO

BTW, my XD-40 Tactical has been absolutely perfect. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I finally shot it took it out to the range, fired around 500 rounds out of it before I got too worn out from the heat. But only 1 FTF and it was from the 12 rounder which was a magazine issue, the last two rounds are extremely hard to get in there and hard to get out also. I am gonna load it up and leave it sitting so the spring will "break in". They are very nice shooting pistols though, much better than the Glock 23 I had which was my first experience with polymer/striker fired type pistols and I was beyond unhappy with the Glock.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I finally shot it took it out to the range, fired around 500 rounds out of it before I got too worn out from the heat. But only 1 FTF and it was from the 12 rounder which was a magazine issue, the last two rounds are extremely hard to get in there and hard to get out also. I am gonna load it up and leave it sitting so the spring will "break in". They are very nice shooting pistols though, much better than the Glock 23 I had which was my first experience with polymer/striker fired type pistols and I was beyond unhappy with the Glock.

Hehehe, I cussed the hell out of the 12rders when I put my first couple boxes of ammo through it, but I loaded one up with some hollowpoints for HD and let it sit for a month while I (barely) used the other one (it was still winter) and I rotated the other one out after a month. They seemed to loosen up after that.

My fingers no longer bleed, and I no longer have to go to confession after a day of shooting now.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 7/25/2005 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Its funny though, the mag bodies of the 12 and 10 rnd seem to be the same size. I pulled them apart and the follower from the 10 rnd is molded longer on the bottom, acts as a block. Looks to be about the height of two .40 rnds. I'm gonna try to find a 12 round follower and solve the problem, I would cut it down but I do not want to weaken the follower by cutting it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 6:36:34 PM EDT
[#12]
If you call Springfield you can order mags over the phone, you will get them cheaper from the stores listed here though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So where on earth do you buy new factory Springfield mags? Only ones I can find are on gunbroker and they are $29 apiece. Anyone find any place that has them, Springfield only lists for the 1911s.

Midwayusa has XD mags and the Springfields High caps are only 19.99

Ant
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you call Springfield you can order mags over the phone, you will get them cheaper from the stores listed here though.

That's what I did - No fuss at all  - Plus they are the real deal from Springfield.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Scott at pistol gear is great
just got 2 12 rounders for my XD-40
they are loaded and sitting (springs are still as hell!!)

also got one of Dons guide rods and a 22# spring
I'll let you know after some range time
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:19:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought mine from Quantico Arms. They use to be regulars here but they don't post much anymore. Anyway I don't know how many you need but they will sell you a 5 pack for $109.95 which comes to a $21.99 a mag. Best deal I could find at the time.

That said...

Quoted:
Midwayusa has XD mags and the Springfields High caps are only 19.99

That is definitely the best deal I've seen on these. I just checked and they only have 4 of the factory full capacity 9mm mags left. If you are looking for 9mm mags, you better get them before I decide I need some more!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#17]
+1 for midwayusa
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top