Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2009 4:06:08 PM EDT
I need some unbiased advised on which weapon to get.  I like the way both feel in my hand and I have shot them both but I'm still having a hard time deciding.  I can get a factory demo Beretta for $425 or a new one for $550 or a new XD for $500.  I'm leaning towards the XD because of the lifetime warranty and I have XDm 9 and love it.  This will be my primary carry weapon and for range fun.  Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I may be the only guy in the world who hates the XD9sc.  I had one and it was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. I would not trust mine enough to carry.  I damn near gave it away and made it clear to the buyer it was a range gun/plinker.  It went back SA 3 times, two extractors and polished the feed ramp. No go every time. FTE was a constant issue. Ammo did not matter. New G26 arrived today. Glocks have no soul (IMO) but go bang everytime. I vote anything but the XD.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:38:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I have an XD9sc.  It has close to 1000 rounds through it without a single failure of any kind.

I've fired NATO 9mm, Blazer Brass 9mm, Winchester Ranger-T 147gr +P, and Federal Tactical Bonded 135gr +P through it.  It has about 150 rounds of the two +P hollowpoints through it, the rest was the NATO and Blazer range ammo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd suggest the XD mainly because I don't like what Beretta did with the PX4sc.  From what I can tell, it has the same handle size, with a smaller slide and not twisting barrel.

It is a bastardized PX4, and should be treated as such.  They took away the one thing that made the PX4 special.

However, do you like DA/SA or DAO?  This will make a big difference.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:11:10 AM EDT
[#4]
XDsc9 here, and I love it, runs and shoots great.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:55:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I may be the only guy in the world who hates the XD9sc.  I had one and it was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. I would not trust mine enough to carry.  I damn near gave it away and made it clear to the buyer it was a range gun/plinker.  It went back SA 3 times, two extractors and polished the feed ramp. No go every time. FTE was a constant issue. Ammo did not matter. New G26 arrived today. Glocks have no soul (IMO) but go bang everytime. I vote anything but the XD.

See. Told you so.

If my weapon functioned liked 99.9% of them do,  I would have liked it.  Felt good, easy to carry, trigger was ok. Mine was just not reliable.  It could happen with any gun. Everyone has a horror story of every brand.

Can I ask the OP why/how it was narrowed to just these choices?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Good thread, solidified my choice to make the XDm9 my new CCW. I just saw in my latest issue of American Rifleman that it was named the NRA pistol of the year...good enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:34:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Can I ask the OP why/how it was narrowed to just these choices?

I settled on those two because of all of the ones i fondled, they felt the best in my hands.
I also already have a XDm 9 that i love.  I ended up going with XD9 SC in stainless to match
the XDm.  It will see range action tomorrow morning. thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top