Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:06:08 PM EST
I need some unbiased advised on which weapon to get. I like the way both feel in my hand and I have shot them both but I'm still having a hard time deciding. I can get a factory demo Beretta for $425 or a new one for $550 or a new XD for $500. I'm leaning towards the XD because of the lifetime warranty and I have XDm 9 and love it. This will be my primary carry weapon and for range fun. Any advice is appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:18:30 PM EST
I may be the only guy in the world who hates the XD9sc. I had one and it was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. I would not trust mine enough to carry. I damn near gave it away and made it clear to the buyer it was a range gun/plinker. It went back SA 3 times, two extractors and polished the feed ramp. No go every time. FTE was a constant issue. Ammo did not matter. New G26 arrived today. Glocks have no soul (IMO) but go bang everytime. I vote anything but the XD.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:38:52 AM EST
I have an XD9sc. It has close to 1000 rounds through it without a single failure of any kind.

I've fired NATO 9mm, Blazer Brass 9mm, Winchester Ranger-T 147gr +P, and Federal Tactical Bonded 135gr +P through it. It has about 150 rounds of the two +P hollowpoints through it, the rest was the NATO and Blazer range ammo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 4:50:11 AM EST
I'd suggest the XD mainly because I don't like what Beretta did with the PX4sc. From what I can tell, it has the same handle size, with a smaller slide and not twisting barrel.

It is a bastardized PX4, and should be treated as such. They took away the one thing that made the PX4 special.

However, do you like DA/SA or DAO? This will make a big difference.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:11:10 AM EST
XDsc9 here, and I love it, runs and shoots great.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:55:39 AM EST
Originally Posted By NoEFI:
I may be the only guy in the world who hates the XD9sc. I had one and it was the most unreliable gun I have ever owned. I would not trust mine enough to carry. I damn near gave it away and made it clear to the buyer it was a range gun/plinker. It went back SA 3 times, two extractors and polished the feed ramp. No go every time. FTE was a constant issue. Ammo did not matter. New G26 arrived today. Glocks have no soul (IMO) but go bang everytime. I vote anything but the XD.

See. Told you so.

If my weapon functioned liked 99.9% of them do, I would have liked it. Felt good, easy to carry, trigger was ok. Mine was just not reliable. It could happen with any gun. Everyone has a horror story of every brand.

Can I ask the OP why/how it was narrowed to just these choices?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:04:00 AM EST
Good thread, solidified my choice to make the XDm9 my new CCW. I just saw in my latest issue of American Rifleman that it was named the NRA pistol of the year...good enough for me.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:34:37 PM EST
Can I ask the OP why/how it was narrowed to just these choices?

I settled on those two because of all of the ones i fondled, they felt the best in my hands.
I also already have a XDm 9 that i love. I ended up going with XD9 SC in stainless to match
the XDm. It will see range action tomorrow morning. thanks
Top Top