Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2006 10:45:38 AM EDT
some folks over at xdtalk.com are saying that Springfield is confirming that the finish on the XD 45 is indeed melonite, and that it will eventually spread to the other XD models.  Everywhere says melonite is a great way to go and is comparable to Glocks tennifer.

If this is really the case, that's the last issue the XDs had compared to a glock.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 4:20:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I am interested as well since I have one XD45 on order, btw Praetorian good review on the XD.  I was going to buy a Glock 21 but it was too big for my hands.  I can grip a 92FS and other pistols but that was way too big.

Looking forward to posting my review as well.

Max
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:03:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Maxwell: I had my eyes on an XD, and I almost went into shock when the nice lady at the gunstore told me that they had received three today.

My wallet quickly became thinner!

I walked out with an XD45 and it doesn't feel any thicker than a Glock 22.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Maxwell: I had my eyes on an XD, and I almost went into shock when the nice lady at the gunstore told me that they had received three today.

My wallet quickly became thinner!

I walked out with an XD45 and it doesn't feel any thicker than a Glock 22.

It's not.  It's actually smaller in all dimensions other than a slightly taller frame.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:15:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I just saw mine at the gun store and had a chance to hold it.  It fit me right!  I am happy, I put it on layaway as to not stretch my credit card.  Besides that it gives me time to get some more mags for it as well.

Max
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:17:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Besides that it gives me time to get some more mags for it as well.

Max

I usually shoot a gun before I start buying mags for it but that's just me.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:11:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes on the Melonite treatment on the XD 45acp.  I emailed Springfield before I bought mine.  It looks just like the finish on a Glock to me.

Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:45:24 AM EDT
[#7]
The Melonite treatment is smoother on the XD but dosen't seem to be as thick.
Here is a side by side with a XD45ACP and a G20

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:44:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Well...I went ahead and ordered one today - it should be mine by noon tommorow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top