Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/13/2005 6:16:04 PM EDT
I was wondering if I were to find a USP 45 Tactical barrel out there, would I be able to just drop it in and replace my regular barrel on my USP 45 or are they not interchangeable? I am not trying to turn my regular ol' USP into a  badass Tactical, I am just wondering if it would work. I am also considering a silencer on my USP. So any thoughts or pithy comments?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
As far as the silencer goes, the design of the action makes it more difficult to suppress than one like the Beretta.  

As far as the barrel swap goes, I would think it would work, but I have never compared the two, or the aperture at the front of the slide to see if there is a difference when the o-ring system is used....

Woody
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
if you start using a bbl mean for an O ring, you will have to do some polishing to ensure that the slide does not chew up the O ring.  the instructiions are included with CCF or Jarvis barrels.  And, it is not possible to cut stock factory barrel to accept an O ring.  I think talking to Larry at CCF would be the best advice about getting a can and barrel.  He sells both!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#3]
A lot of people have either bought Jarvis, CCF or HK Tac barrels to convert their USPs to the Tac look.  It will work just fine, just be sure to polish the barrel opening for the o-ring as outlined on CCF's web page.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:09:55 AM EDT
[#4]
It was more of a curious thing. I am not really serious about getting a can. Thanks for the info guys! FWIW, I am happy having just a plain ol' USP and not a badass Tactical.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As far as the silencer goes, the design of the action makes it more difficult to suppress than one like the Beretta.  
Woody

So you're telling me that it is more difficult to suppress a subsonic .45 ACP round than a supersonic 9mm round?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe he was referring to the action type of the gun and not the bullet type.

ETA: Beretta makes .45s too. I own one, i.e. Beretta 8045.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Woody

So you're telling me that it is more difficult to suppress a subsonic .45 ACP round than a supersonic 9mm round?

Why you gonna compare apples to oranges?  I see susbsonic 9mm every day.  147 grains of love.  And yes, I will firmly stand and tell you that it is harder to suppress a subsonic .45ACP round than a subsonic 9mm round.
But like I said (and like someone else pointed out), it is the action that makes it more difficult.  Gun designs like the HK in a .45 benefit from a linear cycling device to ensure reliable operation.  The Beretta is pretty much a "screw it on and go" deal.
Does that clear up my statement for you?

Woody
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top