Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2009 9:24:12 AM EDT
My dad just ordered a case of this stuff for 316 shipped. I heard its not the most accurate ammo but that is fine because its just plinking stuff for us.

My question is does anyone have any experience with the polyformance stuff by wolf. Other than accuracy, is there any major issues you have had.

Thank You
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I didn't recognize the term "Polyformance" but I don't think there's any difference between it and regular, modern Wolf ammo.

If so, it's OK stuff. Some people refuse to use it in their non-AK or SKS guns, but I've fed plenty of it to my 9mms and .45acps and it shoots just fine. Never had the dreaded extractor problem that scares some folks away (could well be more of an internet myth than hard truth).

The accuracy is just fine. Easily on par with WWB or any other cheap practice ammo.

Clean your gun as any good gun owner should do and I'll bet you'll be happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:09:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Other than being horribly overpriced at $319, there is nothing really wrong with it.

Non reloadable, dirty and smells funny, but it worked 100% in my Kimbers.  At 15-20 cents a pop, it seemed like a reasonable value.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:11:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Thousnds of rounds have gone bang, multiple G-21's.
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 11:18:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys. What would be a good price in today's market per box. 15.98 a box shipped seems to be a fair price. If there are better deals on this stuff let me know and Ill have him cancel the order and buy from another distributor. The only stuff I can get around here in cali is in the 19-20 range before tax.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top