Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 6:45:26 PM EDT
Ive got two boxes of 115gr FMJ 9mm , one is a value pack, the other is a standard 50 round pack. the rounds in the value pack look like they contain bullets couted with brass. The bullets match the caseings. The box of 50 are copper. Is there any difference in these. Are the brass looking  ones safe to shoot , say out of an XD 3" .... Every round ive ever fired has been copper jacketed. Ive never seen the brass jacketed looking rounds before.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot away. I have shot many thousands of rounds of 9mm white box value paks in my G19 no problems.
Its a plating more than a jacket I think. Thats what I heard, take it for what its worth.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Shoot away. I have shot many thousands of rounds of 9mm white box value paks in my G19 no problems.
Its a plating more than a jacket I think. Thats what I heard, take it for what its worth.

+1

The value packs are also now copper... you have a box left over from the older variety... keep buying them and shoot away... they are good stuff... but sooner or later you will see the copper in the value packs... already showing up here.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
they work fine
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top