Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2004 7:34:09 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics would be helpful.

Not seen any like that, like you would expect better from Olin.

Danny
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh yeah! They ALL do stuff like this. We used to keep a collection at the Academy where I worked of factory defective ammo just to demonstrate why we told officers to visually check every round they loaded into their mags or speedloaders as well as all shotshells. My guess is that the reason you happebed to find WW stuff is that Mr. WalMart has made the whitebox stuff so popular. Some years back you would probably have found CCI Blazer. I have seen pretty near everything you can omagine from all the big companies, including a shipment of .380 packed and invoiced as 9mm, bullets loaded backwards, no primers, primers seated backwards, split cases, no powder, etc.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I've had good experiences with the 9mm Winchester white box ammo. I've had one casing split while being fired, but it ejected just fine.BTW: The white box ammo I got a few months ago at Wal-mart was jacketed with what looks like brass. Today I just got another 200 rounds of white box from Wally's World and its copper jacketed.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:45:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:59:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:11:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I use a lot of 9mm Win white box in my AR about 1-2 cases a month. So far I have not had a problem with any that I've used. However I look at every round before they are loaded in my mags. I'm sure there are duds with every manufacturer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top