Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2013 11:53:45 AM EDT
When I send my XDs in for the recall fix, I'm going to have the custom shop install some Trijicon HDs.

I'm looking at holsters on-line now and would like to buy something this weekend so I can have the holster when the XDs gets back to me, and also so I can take advantage of any Labor Day sales.  I'm looking some of the common holsters like the Comp-Tac MTAC, Crossbreed MiniTuck, and HHH C1.  I'm just wondering if the night sites are measurably different from the stock sites, enough that it could cause issues with the holster.

I guess I could always call the manufacturer after I make a choice, but I thought I'd bounce this off y'all first.

Thanks for any input!
Link Posted: 8/31/2013 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#1]
New sights will not affect the gun fitting in your holster as long as the sights are the same height.

The Trijicons are the same height and will work fine.

If for some reason you decided to put suppressor height or large target sights on your XDs then you might have a problem.

Link Posted: 9/1/2013 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Most holster manufacturers allow additional clearance for larger front sights. I have the HD sights on all my carry guns and I've never had a problem clearing the holsters.
Link Posted: 9/1/2013 7:28:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies!  I didn't think it would be a problem, but better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 7:34:36 AM EDT
[#4]
HD's kept my safariland 6280 from working with my M&P, so I went with an ALS only holster.

Thats the only time my sights have impacted a holster, otherwise the HD's have worked on every other holster I've tried.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm about 99 percent sure you will be ok with any of the above holsters makers and the HD's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 8:26:44 PM EDT
[#6]
No worries. Should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top