Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2009 3:18:45 PM EDT
I want a 15 round mags and all I can find is Glock 22, will they fit my 23??
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
They sure will, but they will not be flush like your 23 mags. They will just stick out the bottom of your pistol a bit.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 3:25:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
They sure will, but they will not be flush like your 23 mags. They will just stick out the bottom of your pistol a bit.

Well thats Ok..I can live with that..
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get a collar to go around the bottom of the mag so the grip will be extended and flush
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#4]
My daily carry is the G23..... with a spare G22 mag on my belt.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My daily carry is the G23..... with a spare G22 mag on my belt.

yeppers
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 6:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]
They will fit in a 27, as well...

With the Slim-Line and SF models taken out of the equation, all larger Glock magazines will fit smaller models in the same caliber. Of course, you can't fit a short 27 magazine into a 22, nor a 23's into a 22.
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
They will fit in a 27, as well...

With the Slim-Line and SF models taken out of the equation, all larger Glock magazines will fit smaller models in the same caliber. Of course, you can't fit a short 27 magazine into a 22, nor a 23's into a 22.

Wrong.  The SF's will fit too.  If you are thinking the G-36 only by the term slimline, then you are correct on that.  G-36 mag will only fit the G-36
Link Posted: 9/5/2009 11:01:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This.  They will absolutey fit, and run 100%.  For my G23, the only 13 rnd flush fit mags I have for it, are the 2 that came with the gun.  All my other mags are G22 mags.  They work great.  When I carried it, I usually carried it with a G22 mag in the gun as well.  Doesn't really stick out that much.  Never bothered me.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:44:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Wrong.  The SF's will fit too.  If you are thinking the G-36 only by the term slimline, then you are correct on that.  G-36 mag will only fit the G-36

They will fit... but not if you take a non-ambidextrous magazine (older) and put it in that model SF frame.

That was not the original question, so there is no need to explain what will and will not work in that application.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
That's the beautiful thing about glock, the interchangable mags!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:26:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's the beautiful thing about glock, the interchangable mags!

Lots of full size gun mags will fit the compact versions of said guns.

S&W 3rd gen 9mm/.40

CZ75

Springfield XD
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will fit... but not if you take a non-ambidextrous magazine (older) and put it in that model SF frame.

That was not the original question, so there is no need to explain what will and will not work in that application.

They will if you were smart and got the non ambi SF model....
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They will if you were smart and got the non ambi SF model....

True, but irrelevant as this discussion pertains to using G22 mags in the G23, which is not currently available here with the ambi mag release.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:40:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
True, but irrelevant as this discussion pertains to using G22 mags in the G23, which is not currently available here with the ambi mag release.

Thanks...

Sometimes people just have to argue about something.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks...

Sometimes people just have to argue about something.

isnt that the truth
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:02:18 PM EDT
[#17]
 Okay, well, you CAN'T argue the fact that the OP's question was being cluttered by all the bullshit about SF-this, and ambi-that, neither of which have anything currently to do with using G22 mags in a G23.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:30:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes.

I think this is the answer the OP was looking for.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Just be aware that it is possible to jam the mag past the release and tie up the gun.  I personally saw this happen at the shop I work at.   It is imperative to install the grip spacers if you are going to stake your life on this gun.  This will only happen when the slide is locked back.  Still it is something to think about.
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:24:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just be aware that it is possible to jam the mag past the release and tie up the gun.  I personally saw this happen at the shop I work at.   It is imperative to install the grip spacers if you are going to stake your life on this gun.  This will only happen when the slide is locked back.  Still it is something to think about.

that's funny... because all of my glocks have a bit of material protruding in the magwell that interfaces with a flat relief cut in the magazine body (just to the left of the caliber marking on the back of the mag) to prevent that exact thing from ever happening.  also, the ejector and the part of the trigger bar that hits the striker safety will prevent this from occurring as well...

But just to be open-minded... I just tried shoving a G17 mag way up in my G19... and it will only go about 1/16 of an inch past where it naturally sits... and it still stripped a round off and chambered it without an issue though I was pushing really hard on the bottom of the mag.

Where did you say you have "seen this happen" again???  Were you asleep???  HIGH maybe???  or worse... were you using KLINTON MAGS?!?!?!?!
Link Posted: 9/28/2009 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

that's funny... because all of my glocks have a bit of material protruding in the magwell that interfaces with a flat relief cut in the magazine body (just to the left of the caliber marking on the back of the mag) to prevent that exact thing from ever happening.  also, the ejector and the part of the trigger bar that hits the striker safety will prevent this from occurring as well...

But just to be open-minded... I just tried shoving a G17 mag way up in my G19... and it will only go about 1/16 of an inch past where it naturally sits... and it still stripped a round off and chambered it without an issue though I was pushing really hard on the bottom of the mag.

Where did you say you have "seen this happen" again???  Were you asleep???  HIGH maybe???  or worse... were you using KLINTON MAGS?!?!?!?!

I have a good friend that is a competitive shooter and he said the same thing.  It can be done.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top