Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2006 7:58:35 AM EDT
Why does Glock use the octogonal or hexogonal rifling?? I shoot lead out of all my other .45s and I am looking at a G21, but will have to get an aftermarket barrel. What aftermarket barrel is the best for the money??
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 9:54:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Why does Glock use the octogonal or hexogonal rifling?? I shoot lead out of all my other .45s and I am looking at a G21, but will have to get an aftermarket barrel. What aftermarket barrel is the best for the money??

They put less drag on the bullet and therefore you get better velocity.

Less wear on the barrel so it lasts longer.

Better accuracy, in theory, but barely worth noting.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:22:37 AM EDT
[#2]
from glock19.com:

Why do the .45 caliber Glocks have octagonal rifling vs the hexagonal rifling in the other calibers?
The octagonal rifling provides a better gas seal in the large caliber .45 ACP. Notice how the image on the right has a lot less space between the bullet & barrel compared to the image on the left:
Octagonal Rifling

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#3]
you can shoot it 87 more times
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I will actually answer the important question:

www.glockmeister.com
www.topglock.com/catalog/barrels.htm
Lone Wolf Distributors

Basically, you have Bar-Sto, KKM, EFK, Storm Lake, and Jarvis.

I'm thinking about putting a can on my G21, so I was going to go with a Jarvis barrel threaded for Gem-Tech suppressors, but I have no actual experience with aftermarket barrels.

If you want the real skinny, go to www.glocktalk.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top