Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/27/2006 3:39:31 PM EDT
Pro-Mag makes a copy of the USP in .45, so it can't be a patent issue. With USP .45f mags at $50, and compact mags at $40, I think there's an excellent marketing opportunity for MecGar in this market. Is there something I'm missing? I e-mailed them a few months ago but never received a reply.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 4:54:00 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Schulze:
Pro-Mag makes a copy of the USP in .45, so it can't be a patent issue.

I bet it is. I bet Pro-Mag is paying royalties to H&K.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 6:35:32 PM EDT
I searched here but didn't find anything relating to magazines themselves.

www.wipo.int/ipdl/en/
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 7:21:46 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BobCole:

Originally Posted By Schulze:
Pro-Mag makes a copy of the USP in .45, so it can't be a patent issue.

I bet it is. I bet Pro-Mag is paying royalties to H&K.

Must not be paying much. THeir mags are cheap and I would not buy one for free. I have never tried the USP mags(don't have one), but the other types don't work for crap.

I whish MecGar would make some HK P7M13 or M8 mags , or some 15 rd P88 mags.

FB
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:23:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/28/2006 12:25:31 PM EDT by Ross]
Come to think of it, I've never seen a Mec-gar mag for any HK product.

Maybe they just don't get along with HK.

ETA: I know Mec-gar makes Walther P99 mags, but part of the license is that they can't sell their own version. They used to make P88 mags long ago under their own branding.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:26:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/29/2006 7:27:44 AM EDT by colt_saa]

Originally Posted By Fat_Boy:
some 15 rd P88 mags.

FB

Fat Boy,
P88 magazines are easy.

They are Beretta/Taurus 92 magazine bodies with the mag catch cut located in a different place. I converted more than a dozen for my P88 when I first got it back in 1992. Interarms wanted around $50 each back then. Followers changed on one of these (can't recall which any longer) and some will lock the slide back, others wont.

I have 15s, 18s, 20s and 30s that have all been perfect for more than a decade now. In fact it is a 18 round flush fit Ram-Line magazine that is my standard carry mag.

If you have access to a mill, it will take 15 minutes to setup and 30 seconds to do each mag. This can also be done with a Dremel in about 8-10 minutes per mag or a hand file if you want to sit all night.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 9:25:10 AM EDT
I e-mailed them a while back too. Also, never got a response. I'm guessing HK isn't allowing anybody to reproduce mags with the exception of promag for the USP45
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 11:35:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Ross:
Come to think of it, I've never seen a Mec-gar mag for any HK product.

Maybe they just don't get along with HK.

ETA: I know Mec-gar makes Walther P99 mags, but part of the license is that they can't sell their own version. They used to make P88 mags long ago under their own branding.

didn't the P99 people have problems with their mags out of the box? i see people posts about it in other gun forums.

still, compared to promag, mecgar is better!
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:20:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By colt_saa:

Originally Posted By Fat_Boy:
some 15 rd P88 mags.

FB

Fat Boy,
P88 magazines are easy.

They are Beretta/Taurus 92 magazine bodies with the mag catch cut located in a different place. I converted more than a dozen for my P88 when I first got it back in 1992. Interarms wanted around $50 each back then. Followers changed on one of these (can't recall which any longer) and some will lock the slide back, others wont.

I have 15s, 18s, 20s and 30s that have all been perfect for more than a decade now. In fact it is a 18 round flush fit Ram-Line magazine that is my standard carry mag.

If you have access to a mill, it will take 15 minutes to setup and 30 seconds to do each mag. This can also be done with a Dremel in about 8-10 minutes per mag or a hand file if you want to sit all night.

I have 1 p88 full capacity mag, and it's like gold to me thanks for the advice.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top