Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2005 11:05:50 AM EDT
After hitting the range this morning I...well, I mean that I....oh alright then, I confess! OK??? Yea, I did it alright... I
CLEANED MY GLOCK 17

and when it only has 850 rounds through it (purchased new). I really don't know why it happened. No malfunctions, still on target, no problems whatsoever.

Perhaps I'm regressing back to my M1911A1 days.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:18:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a habit of cleaning mine after every shoot. I'm not anal about it though. I clean it when I get around to it. Which may be a week or so later. I've known some people that clean their right after they get home and before they do anything else. I'm just not that worried about it I guess.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 11:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
did you put it in the deishwasher??
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Of course not, I did the old fashioned way - by hand. I might add that cleaning it only took about 12-15 mintes.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of course not, I did the old fashioned way - by hand. I might add that cleaning it only took about 12-15 mintes.

The only thing to be careful of is not getting anything in the firing pin channel. I now just take the upper completely apart and clean everything.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:51:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I have put a G22 in my dishwasher it worked surprisingly well! Just take care of the barrel by hand.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I clean them right after I shoot,I wouldnt put them in the dishwasher only because theres a chance some traces lead from the rounds could end up in your coffee mug next time you clean it the washer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I clean them right after I shoot,I wouldnt put them in the dishwasher only because theres a chance some traces lead from the rounds could end up in your coffee mug next time you clean it the washer.

Thats why you dont put the dishes in with "tupperwear" besides would the wife understand if you broke her mothers china because your Glock was in the dish washer? Think not.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Sig line?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top