Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 6:41:02 PM EDT
I noticed something about some of the magazines I'm currently using for my G23.  In the pictures from left to right the followers have a #8 (15 rd G22 magazine), #9, and #6 on them.  They are all different in subtle ways.  In the last picture the #9 and # 6 magazines are cut out different at the top.  What really has me confused, and I just noticed also, of all  three of the magazines the #6 follower mag shoots out of my gun way faster when I hit the release. Is it because of the follower?  I'd love for all my magazines to have this extra drop free power!

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 6:46:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the front end sticks up higher than that of the newer one.  That's probably why.  I didn't know they made it to #9 now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:05:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Just surprised to see so many different iterations of a 40 SW Glock magazine.  Guess no one else has experienced this?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:30:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few like that. No clue why they make so many variations. They also have 2 different ways to attach the spring to the follower, and the springs/followers are not compatible with each other. From experience I can tell you I have never noticed a difference in function. I can see how if you were ejecting empty mags the one might eject a little harder, but if your mags empty it should be at slidelock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the insight.  Up until a few days ago I had no idea there were so many iterations of Glock mags!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top