Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2013 5:41:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/9/2013 5:42:19 PM EST by RobDog]
I noticed something about some of the magazines I'm currently using for my G23. In the pictures from left to right the followers have a #8 (15 rd G22 magazine), #9, and #6 on them. They are all different in subtle ways. In the last picture the #9 and # 6 magazines are cut out different at the top. What really has me confused, and I just noticed also, of all three of the magazines the #6 follower mag shoots out of my gun way faster when I hit the release. Is it because of the follower? I'd love for all my magazines to have this extra drop free power!

</a>" />

</a>" />

</a>" />
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:46:31 PM EST
Looks like the front end sticks up higher than that of the newer one. That's probably why. I didn't know they made it to #9 now.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 12:05:09 PM EST
Just surprised to see so many different iterations of a 40 SW Glock magazine. Guess no one else has experienced this?
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 3:30:25 PM EST
I have a few like that. No clue why they make so many variations. They also have 2 different ways to attach the spring to the follower, and the springs/followers are not compatible with each other. From experience I can tell you I have never noticed a difference in function. I can see how if you were ejecting empty mags the one might eject a little harder, but if your mags empty it should be at slidelock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:24:51 PM EST
Thanks for the insight. Up until a few days ago I had no idea there were so many iterations of Glock mags!
Top Top