Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2004 4:44:07 PM EDT
Many people have talked very highly of the CZ pistols. I've never handled one so my question is why? Currently I own Glock, HK, and Beretta. Does the CZ get me something I don't already have?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They're inexpensive, reliable & accurate. shoot one and find out.
In fact, just trade that glock for one.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:05:02 PM EDT
[#2]
As Meltdown said, they are competitively priced, you can count on them to function, and the bullet goes where you want it to go, if you do your part.

Many models can be used as traditional double action, or can be carried cocked and locked.

I have a 9mm, 40S&W and .45acp.

I like my Glocks, too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned 3  Browning HP's and 2 HP clones. Now  I own a CZ 75B 9mm and it is a great handgun.
HP's are classics but for the money CZ 75/85's are great guns. You can own two CZ's for the price of one HP.  Don't get me wrong.... the P35 is a great gun.... The CZ 75 is a great gun also...
They are accurate and are top notch quality.  In my opinion, the best handgun on the market for the money.    
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:25:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Short of an HP, it's the most comfortable hi-cap I've ever fired.  Newbies absolutely love it, it's forgiving and accurate.  Unlike the HP it's DA/SA, and has no mag safety, and it fits small to medium hands great too.  Mine (Pre-B 75, no firing pin safety, gorgeous trigger) ran me $299 used, 90-95%.  I really like their blueing as well, very "old world" and some really nice examples exist.  The polycoat finish is a _little_ soft though, and doesn't like plastic (Fobus, etc.) holsters much.  CZ just does tremendous work at iron curtain prices.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 8:21:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I own the 75-B and P-01 Police.  Both are reliable, highly accurate and a great bang for the buck.  

Just remember CZ functional reliability may definitely drop as the mag springs and recoil springs weaken with much usage.  After buying several mags for the 75-B several months ago, I immediately replaced the springs with new wolff +25% springs because the original seemed weak.  The 75-B runs very well with the new +25% mags Wolff Gunsprings!

All in all the CZs are strides above most other handguns, however; I wouldn't sell or trade my Glock because it is definitely my personally preferred carry weapon.

You may wish to read up on the CZs through other owner comments via the CZ Forum at:

CZ Forum

Regards,
Glockguy1
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:40:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I had heard something similar about the springs, including a little rumor that CZ's come out of the factory with weak springs (common among Euro gunmakers).  My pre-B is right at around 5000 rounds and functions fine, but I'll be tossing in a Wolff (factory spec weight) pretty soon though, as my Kimber is due as well.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:18:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
snip-The CZ 75 is a great gun also...
They are accurate and are top notch quality.  In my opinion, the best handgun on the market for the money.    

Yup! for the money they really can't be beat.  Now they even have a good CCW model in the CZ-Rami.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:27:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:35:54 PM EDT
[#10]
well, for one, you rarely hear about a CZ going KABOOOM!!
They are accurate, well made, and reliable.
I first bought a P-01, fell in love, and got a 40-P. The 40-P is a .40 S&W, uses the alloy P-01 frame, and 40-B slide and barrel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Not quite a CZ, but its a similar clone of the EAA/Tanfoglio CZ copies.

I love it! The DA pull happens to be REALLY nice on mine, and SA is pretty light as well. BTW: This is a Jericho 941FB (frame mounted saftey, like most cz pistols).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top