Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2018 11:05:45 PM EDT
On the secondary market.  I’m seeing what seems like a lot of “less than 100 rounds” listed.  I would guess in the past 2 weeks I have found in excess of 15 individual postings.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:28:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
On the secondary market.  I’m seeing what seems like a lot of “less than 100 rounds” listed.  I would guess in the past 2 weeks I have found in excess of 15 individual postings.

Any thoughts?
View Quote
I don't know but I sold my FNX 45 Tactical after one range trip.

Love my Five-seveN though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 1:34:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
On the secondary market.  I'm seeing what seems like a lot of "less than 100 rounds" listed.  I would guess in the past 2 weeks I have found in excess of 15 individual postings.

Any thoughts?
View Quote
Impulse buy and/or failed expectations.

FWIW, I really like mine. Expensive, but it has all the features I want in a "bump in the night" sidearm. I can't think of many guns that are suppressor & red dot ready at the same time out of the factory. Plus it doesn't have the goofy offset that restricts your ability to use a flashlight like the Maxim 9.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 2:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
They probably orphaned it. I got boned and dumped my virtually new FNP-Tactical because FN never made mags available and stopped producing accesories. Within a year of buying their $1000 fucking pistol their remedy was "have you considered an FNX?"

Fuck FN pistols.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 3:10:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Love my 509 tac. One of the best shooters I have ever shot.

Now with the apex trigger, it is even better. My only complaint is the grip.  With the backstrap it is just a little too big for my hand and without it it just a tad too small. Not a big deal, but would prefer something in between if i had to nitpick.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 9:43:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven’t seen 1 used 509 T in my area for sale , I have been searching for about three months.....
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't see this phenomenon at all lol. I've only see a few in my searches on here. Best gun out of the box that I have ever owned and I look forward to its release in Black any day now to go alongside of my Tan one.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:18:33 AM EDT
[#7]
My wife got one for her B-day. We like it, but it took some getting used to for both of us. We both agree it feels good in the hand. Accuracy out of the box was meh. The stock trigger was too heavy for her and she could never come to grips with a slide-mounted RMR.

After putting a few hundred rounds through it, ditching the RMR and installing an Apex trigger, the gun has turned out to be a good shooter (even better with a can on it).
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:10:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting feedback.   I’m gonna keep watching and if a sweet deal comes along I may just have to jump on it.

To the guy looking in his area for used.  There are 2-3 in the EE.   One is 750 with 7-8 extra mags.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#9]
My only 509 complaint is the trigger.  The face is extremely smooth.  I find my finger sliding down it and having to readjust.   I installed the Apex triggers in mine and they are fine now.

I see no other reason to dislike this gun.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Before my apex trigger install

Black Rhino Concealment Holster
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:27:20 AM EDT
[#11]
LOVE my 509

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:24:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I've read nothing but good things about them.  Haven't got mine to the range yet, but I was surprised as to how good it feels in the hand.  Seems like a great pistol with great options out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I won't get to shoot mine until early next month, but it feels pretty good in my hands.  Did you guys with the APEX triggers do the install yourselves?  I've read lots of horror stories about cracked and broken frames from trying to get the unlocking block pin out on the FNX and 509's.

Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I think the factory trigger is pretty acceptable, no need to mess with the Apex IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 8:34:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Apex is worth it!  I Apex everything I can - those guys have specific trigger geometry improvement(s) figured out!

The "hinge" in/of the factory trigger shoe irked me.  Once you embrace a flat faced one, you'll want to flat trigger all the things...
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
No issues installing the Apex.  Worth it.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:08:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Installed the Apex myself. I was suprised at how stubborn the locking block pin was.

If you’re good with using proper tools, it’s not much of an issue. I can see problems arising from less experienced people using poor quality or improper tools.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#18]
FN did a huge LE push so I’m guessing a bunch of cops bought them, tried them out and then decided to stay with glock
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:47:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
How does that Omega 9K work with your 509? Any other host for it?
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They probably orphaned it. I got boned and dumped my virtually new FNP-Tactical because FN never made mags available and stopped producing accesories. Within a year of buying their $1000 fucking pistol their remedy was "have you considered an FNX?"

Fuck FN pistols.
View Quote
FN is known for that. The Forty-Nine, BDM, BDA, FNP, FNS, HP .40, etc.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:55:56 PM EDT
[#21]
We are about to transition from our old M&P .40s to 509 9mm. Havnt gotten hands on yet. I liked the M&Ps just fine but I prefer 9mm.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

How does that Omega 9K work with your 509? Any other host for it?
View Quote
Yeah a g17 and p10c. I like the 509 the best. Works equally well on any guns. The 9K isnt super quiet and I would want ear plugs if I shot more than a mag outdoors.

Also run another 9k on a 300blk SBR. Loud but works fine and is compact.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:14:30 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
We are about to transition from our old M&P .40s to 509 9mm. Havnt gotten hands on yet. I liked the M&Ps just fine but I prefer 9mm.
View Quote
The Arizona DPS is going from the FNS to Glock I believe because FN Herstal pulled industry support from the gun. Yet they just went to it in 2015. In a three year period. FN told a 1,000 man plus agency to fuck off.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been very happy with mine.  I also added a RM06 Type 2 and I’m waiting to get a new compensator (was recalled).

FN 509 Tactical, Apex flat trigger, Henry's Holsters dual port compensator, Surefire X300U-B 1k lumens, Phlster Spolight AIWB holster:

OP, I think people are buying it and deciding they want to stick to what they already have (Glock, etc).  It’s the same trend whenever a new striker fired firearm is available.  People want to try it, then decide if they want to keep and switch, or stay with the same old setup.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I see more "boutique Glocks" with gobs of shit hanging off them and gaudy Cerakote jobs at astronomical prices in my neck of the woods.  If someone buys the FN, they must really like it.  I personally hate this new fad of goldish tinted fde guns with lots of doo-dads and ugly mag extensions on them.  Looks ridiculous.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 8:53:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Haha one of the major deciding factors for my 509T was the factory 24rd magazines, so I can use the firearm for “tactical” courses.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 9:48:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I see more "boutique Glocks" with gobs of shit hanging off them and gaudy Cerakote jobs at astronomical prices in my neck of the woods.  If someone buys the FN, they must really like it.  I personally hate this new fad of goldish tinted fde guns with lots of doo-dads and ugly mag extensions on them.  Looks ridiculous.
View Quote
Ok, I guess my turn to post a photo of my gaudy gold ish tinted FDE guns with lots of doo-dads

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#28]
goldish tinted fde guns with lots of doo-dads and ugly mag extensions on them brigade checking in

Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:23:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I think the factory trigger is pretty acceptable, no need to mess with the Apex IMHO.
View Quote
Funny, I haven’t felt a trigger that bad since the original S&W Sigma.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Interesting feedback.   I’m gonna keep watching and if a sweet deal comes along I may just have to jump on it.

To the guy looking in his area for used.  There are 2-3 in the EE.   One is 750 with 7-8 extra mags.
View Quote
Where’s that link?  I want!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]
That's a great deal especially considering the extra mags.

Won one off GB Friday night for $761 and no CC fee's. Should  be at the FFL Tuesday sometime
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Picked it up today. I like it, like it better up close and personal better than the stock photo's I see online sale. This pics make the slide look darker than it really is.

The factory trigger is pretty meh if you ask me. Sure isn't like it's bigger cousin FNX 45 Tact that I have. It has a really good trigger for factory.

Bought a blk Apex trigger and a Vortex 6moa Venom off eBay last night with a 15% off coupon.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 6:40:16 PM EDT
[#33]
How do these compare to the p10c tb with factory suppressor sights?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:03:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How do these compare to the p10c tb with factory suppressor sights?
View Quote
509:
17 rd grip length, comes with two 24rd mags and one 17rd
excellent optic cut system
tall night sights that co-witness with RMR or DPP
threaded barrel with o-ring, CHF...really good barrel
trigger is kinda meh but Apex has a trigger out for it
comes with reduced tension recoil spring for suppressor or compensator use

P10-C :
15 rd grip
no optic cut yet..........
sights likely non co-witness?
threaded barrel
trigger is likely better
striker rotation issues????
other mechanical issues????
recoil rod/spring issues????

I have a 509T and standard 509. Aside from 2rds from the first mag not feeding the standard has been fine. Haven't shot my 509T yet.. I like the P10 series and have been watching them but every time I'm feeling froggy to buy I read another thread about a problem so I've hesitated.....
Link Posted: 12/24/2018 10:11:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the info.  I haven’t shot my p10c much but no issues so far.  Hoping cz takes care of any issues if they come up.  I don’t have any cans yet but would like to try an optic on a handgun so considering making the swap.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I won't get to shoot mine until early next month, but it feels pretty good in my hands.  Did you guys with the APEX triggers do the install yourselves?  I've read lots of horror stories about cracked and broken frames from trying to get the unlocking block pin out on the FNX and 509's.

https://i.imgur.com/l3d9CQd.jpg
View Quote
How do you like the PMM comp? Have you noticed a significant difference in how it shoots with and without it?
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:29:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How do you like the PMM comp? Have you noticed a significant difference in how it shoots with and without it?
View Quote
I still haven't had a chance to shoot it, life keeps getting in the way.  Hopefully in a week or two.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top