Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 6:42:52 PM EDT
I have owened a Glock 23 and Springfield XD-40 with the tac rail and have come to love it. My next handgun purchase will be a 4" 1911 and I would like to know if anyone makes one with the rail. If someone knows of one, could you let me know?

Thanks a lot.

Andrew
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:21:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Kimber makes one, the Pro TLE/RL II. I've got one, I really like it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Kimber TLE/RL II is a full size 1911 though.  I can't find the Pro model on their site.  It's possible it was a limited run.  

As far as I know, Springfield Armory and Wilson all do NOT make compact models with a light rail.  I'm thinking there just may not be enough frame to attach a light onto without it sticking out past the barrel on the short models.   It's possible that somebody makes one though.  I know they are also starting to reduce the size of the lights out there as well.  As technology grows, the lights will get smaller and we might start seeing more compact useage of them.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:00:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I do not know but I saw one at a gun shop it was about $875ish and it was nice. Real nice.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#4]
One of the frustrating things about Kimber's website is how few of their guns are actually cataloged on the site.  The Pro TLE/RL II is a standard item, not limited run or anything like that.  I find it amazing that it's not o their site.  It's been out for almost two years.  Anyway, there are quite a few available at gunshops around where I live, and I see them all the time on GunsAmerica.  Here's a link to one just so you can see what it looks like (I have no relation to the seller of this, just put it here for illustration purposes).

www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976624973.htm

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
springfield armory's web site shows one of their micro-compact (3" barrel) 1911's.  it comes w/ one of their mini lights.  i prefer a 4" 1911 though, too.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
It's my understanding that Kimber has 60 different models now..
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Just in the way of an update, I asked about the Pro TLE/RL at my local fun store and they are getting me a price!!!

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for it.

Thanks all for the help!

Andrew
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top