Link Posted: 5/6/2005 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
underarmor t shirts work great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 7:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I usually do a belt holster and an overshirt
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 1:44:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I wear an undershirt between the gun and skin but in the car I put the gun under my right thigh (right handed) when driving. However, I did find this company who sells holsters to mount in vehicles.

Link Posted: 5/7/2005 7:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I carry my Beretta 92 everywhere I'm able to;  including when in the car.  I have an Elastic Belly Band Holster so my 92 sits against my left side underneath my armpit.  I usually wear button-up shirts all the time and I ALWAYS have a white "undershirt" so my handgun is never touching my skin at any time.  Go with an Undershirt.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 8:30:43 PM EDT
[#6]
a regular undershirt works fine.  If you find that is too hot, go with underarmor.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 8:35:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Im left handed and keep it in the door. When the carjacker thinks I am opening my door Ill be raisin and poppin.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 2:44:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Im left handed and keep it in the door. When the carjacker thinks I am opening my door Ill be raisin and poppin.

Can you get a picture of that so I can see how you have it?  I wouldn't mind having the same setup.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 4:51:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I just wear another t-shirt underneath if I am wearing a t-shirt as my cover garment.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 7:52:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you get a picture of that so I can see how you have it?  I wouldn't mind having the same setup.

I drive an F150 and have an XD, I keep it in the door pocket.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I drive an F150 and have an XD, I keep it in the door pocket.

I keep a GP100 in the door pocket of my F150.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 11:18:24 AM EDT
[#14]
When I'm carrying, and if I can't keep it on my hip, I have an old Bianchi fanny pack, I'll throw it in there.  Put it on the seat next to me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I turn on the A/C
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I wear an undershirt between the gun and skin but in the car I put the gun under my right thigh (right handed) when driving. However, I did find this company who sells holsters to mount in vehicles.

www.grassburr.com/images/grassburrgallery/MVC-104F.JPG

Now that's a sweet setup! Might get one of these myself.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#17]
I just bought some real cheap, real thin wife-beater tshirts that I wear under my regular tshirts or polo shirts.  Makes all the difference in the world.  The Hanes tagless shirts are the best, as far as I'm concerned.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]
If I am dressed I have a 1911 on my hip.

For the truck....an M4 positioned so as to not allow it to move (sudden stops, etc), unless I move it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#19]
this time of year i usually go to my Keltec P-32 - more compact and i pocket carry mostly.  

in my vehicle, it goes in the console (while at work) and traveling, i sitck it in the crack between the seats by my right thigh.
Link Posted: 5/14/2005 1:56:50 AM EDT
[#20]
I use a inside pants holster.  A bigger tshirt will cover it up pretty good. As long as it's not too thin.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:13:53 AM EDT
[#21]
i wear mine regardless of where im at.
but i have noticed in the past few day of super hot days that it has rubbed my skin raw. i just tuck the shirt inbetween while im in the car
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I don't keep my license, proof of insurance, and registration where I keep my gun.  I'd hate to get shot over a speeding ticket.

I've done that before, and got pulled over. A friend and I were driving in a little hick town in a neighboring county back in '94. I had a very nice car for that area, and had a permenantly-mounted cell phone in it (back when probably no one in that area had ever seen a cell phone.) Anyway, I got pulled over by a city cop and a county cop. They flanked both doors of my vehicle and asked for license and registration. I handed the officer my driver's license and CCW, and informed him that my registration was in the console along with a handgun. It was a Glock 22 with the internal laser, which was probably movie material to them, as they'd probably never seen anything but a revolver before.

I placed the handgun on my lap, and commenced to digging for my registration. The officer reached in quickly, snatched my handgun, and took it back to his squad car. He then returned and asked me why I had a cell phone and pager, like they'd never seen one of those either except on TV. They kept asking why I needed all these items--handgun, pager, cell phone. This went on for what seemed like forever. They went through our pockets, our boots, and combed over every part of my vehicle, including under the hood. They even gave us both breathalizer tests. Finally, they gave up and released us with no charges. When the officer returned my handgun, he placed it under my driver's side seat unloaded, and THREW my holster and two loaded mags OVER the back seat and into the hatchback area. He told me to not reach for my weapon until they had left the vicinity.

After they left, I noticed that they hadn't returned my paperwork. I found them shortly drinking coffee in a small convenience store down the road. You should have seen the look on their faces when I walked up to them--I think that the thought they were dead--and asked for my paperwork back. That look was priceless!
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I just bought some real cheap, real thin wife-beater tshirts that I wear under my regular tshirts or polo shirts.  Makes all the difference in the world.  The Hanes tagless shirts are the best, as far as I'm concerned.

thats exactly what i do.  cheap and comfortable.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top