Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 7/25/2003 9:00:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/25/2003 9:02:24 AM EDT by Fearandloathing37]
I was at an estate auction recently and bid on a grab bag box of rifle and pistol magazines.

After I won the bid for $30.00 I went though the box and found x4 Steel 40rd AR15, x2 steel Preban aftermarket Ruger Mini30 mags x2, Steel Preban Ruger Mini14 30rnd, x1 Glock 26 mag (Like New), x4 Isaeli Orlite AR15 mags (like new)

...And one old German Luger mag.

I kept the Orlites as range mags and sold of all the rest for a nice tidy profit.

All that is, except the Luger mag, which I kept thinking I might get a better price on Ebay or Gunbroker.com.

Now I'm having some trouble identifiying it's exact pedigree.

The mag looks almost exactly like the original Mk 1 lugar mag steel body w/ wood floor plate. The wood floor plate with the round finger grips has no markings what-so-ever and does not appear to have been sanded down. The thing that is giving me head aches is that the ridge on both sides of the mag (just behing the long spring depressor channel), has no secondary ridge as seen on the old MK 1 Erma Mag and the Erfurts (These have a secondary ridge at the front leading edge of the ridge. (Mine does not, having totaly flat ridge.

Could this flat ridge indicate WWII wartime production? As I know that as the war went on German firearms manufacturers tended to go to great lengths to simplify production.

Any help you guys could give on this subject would be great.

Maybe one of you knows of a sight that specializes in old lugar parts I.D.?
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 2:31:11 PM EDT
http://www.lugerforum.com/

rk
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 3:54:00 AM EDT
Ask Hannah, found in the Luger / Mauser / P-38 forum here.
I know, now you want the Luger that goes with it?

Sounds like a great deal, $30 for all!
Top Top