Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Looks like its your lucky day... Streamlight TLR-7 Sub

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish there was a quick attach light that didn't require a tool. I don't like to carry with a light but do like them for HD

The TLR-7 sub uses a clamp system that is designed to fit railed subcompact handguns. It needs no tools to quickly attach or detach, without the need to put your hand in front of the muzzle.

Yep. Will be picking one of these up.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:13:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I’m fucking pissed I saw that. I will obviously buy it. There goes $200 :-/

In reality I love steam light and the ability to mount a light quickly without tools makes it worth it to me. Like pop on the light in the hotel room, or at night camping. That kind of thing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, I’m fucking pissed I saw that. I will obviously buy it. There goes $200 :-/

In reality I love steam light and the ability to mount a light quickly without tools makes it worth it to me. Like pop on the light in the hotel room, or at night camping. That kind of thing.
View Quote

Well if it makes you feel any better, you might have just talked me into buying one of these too? I don't do WML's on my CCW guns so I wasn't really considering it but I never thought about  out of town trips, hotel stays, camping, etc.. Hmm... may have to reconsider?
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well if it makes you feel any better, you might have just talked me into buying one of these too? I don't do WML's on my CCW guns so I wasn't really considering it but I never thought about  out of town trips, hotel stays, camping, etc.. Hmm... may have to reconsider?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of WML either but since I have two XL's, one with the red dot, might as well add a WML to it. I think it would be a good multi-purpose package.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 7:05:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not a fan of WML either but since I have two XL's, one with the red dot, might as well add a WML to it. I think it would be a good multi-purpose package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t typically carry with a light. It’s annoying and with young kids I’m seldom anywhere in the dark these days. And having a 100 lumen light in a shield showed me the little guys aren’t worth the size trade off.

However, I do 100% use good lights on my HD stuff. Since I saw the 365 I’ve been saying “damn I wish there was a way for me to put a light on so the Sig can go from small carry gun to decent bedside for nights traveling.”  

I even tried fitting my stream lights to the rail. I think I started a thread here asking if there was a different light that would work.

But yeah I’ll get one. Turns the red dot equipped xl upper on short grip I have from a svelte carry gun to a decent enough HD gun.

Almost makes the threaded barrel with it now too...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up a 365XL tonight to replace my Shield.

Realized after I got it that not only does it not have a manual safety, but it has *no* safety. The internet has informed me that I can actually install one pretty easily, for not *too* much money.

I've not carried a whole lot, and I'm not sure my thoughts on carrying (specifically reholstering) something with a loaded chamber with no safety whatsoever. What about you guys?

And while I'm at it, does anyone actually carry with the Romeo? If so, which MOA version?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Finally got 350 rounds in it this weekend, with ZERO issues. I will be putting up the Glock 43 and carrying this now
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Realized after I got it that not only does it not have a manual safety, but it has *no* safety. The internet has informed me that I can actually install one pretty easily, for not *too* much money.

I've not carried a whole lot, and I'm not sure my thoughts on carrying (specifically reholstering) something with a loaded chamber with no safety whatsoever. What about you guys?

And while I'm at it, does anyone actually carry with the Romeo? If so, which MOA version?
View Quote

When I started carrying a little over ten years ago, I was nervous carrying without a safety. But over time, I just got used to it. My Sig M18 is the only handgun with a manual safety. I've been carrying a P365 on and off for two years now with no safety. I prefer it that way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When I started carrying a little over ten years ago, I was nervous carrying without a safety. But over time, I just got used to it. My Sig M18 is the only handgun with a manual safety. I've been carrying a P365 on and off for two years now with no safety. I prefer it that way.
View Quote

That's fair. I guess with most newer guns I'm used to having  at least a trigger safety and/or a grip safety.

Come to think of it, neither of those would necessarily help when reholstering anyway. So there's a thought.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's fair. I guess with most newer guns I'm used to having  at least a trigger safety and/or a grip safety.

Come to think of it, neither of those would necessarily help when reholstering anyway. So there's a thought.
View Quote

I was nervous to carry starting out. Carried an empty 1911 with grip and thumb safety on a few days. Nothing happened. Then flipped the thumb safety off and carried a few days. No issues. Then rubber banded the grip safety down too. No issues. If I couldn’t set off a single action with all safeties off in regular carry I can’t do it with a double stack polymer gun.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
My aunt carries a P365.  She's cycled through a variety of handguns before settling on the P365 for daily carry. Oddly, the other gun she kept for daily carry is a 5" steel framed 45Acp Sig 1911!  She has a CCW purse for that one.  She just loves her 1911 but usually carries the P365.  I remember the Christmas party where she told me / showed me her new 365. Its the model with the inset "ring sights" she was thrilled with the size, capacity, ergos, and sights.  It replaced a couple of other guns she had in rotation: Walther PPQ or P99 Compact 9, Sig 238, and I think a Glock of some sort.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:13:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Judging from the trigger on the 365XL I just picked up you have nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just reholster slowly and carefully.  Realistically, if you ever need to to actually use a carry piece, the draw is the important part to have down fast.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:14:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Realized after I got it that not only does it not have a manual safety, but it has *no* safety.
View Quote

Where did you get that information from? The P365 has an internal safety that blocks the striker from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled, very similar to the Glock. Glock does add a trigger shoe safety but that is their solution to making the weapon drop safe because of how the trigger shoe and bar move in the same direction on the Glock (which is not the case on the P365)

Here's the short of it. The P365 isn't going to fire unless you pull the trigger Period. Some people like to speculate that they are somehow going to get their clothes or something caught up in the trigger guard area as they go to holster their weapon and that's going to pull the trigger? I guess anything is possible. You can get hit by lightening or win the Lottery too but I don't spend much time worrying about any of those things. I just makes sure not to stand outside by a tree or flag pole in lightening storms and pay attention when holstering my pistols.

If that concerns you then I suggest you either sell the gun and get something else or install the manual safety. The parts needed are the P365 Manual Safety Lever, P365 Manual Safety Spring and P365 Manual Safety Detent and can be purchased as a kit for $45 (Sig Sauer P365 Manual Safety Conversion Kit) and you make the needed cuts on your current grip module or but a complete kit with new grip module for $95 (Sig Sauer P365XL Manual Safety Conversion Kit w/ Grip
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 11:18:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where did you get that information from? The P365 has an internal safety that blocks the striker from hitting the primer unless the trigger is pulled, very similar to the Glock. Glock does add a trigger shoe safety but that is their solution to making the weapon drop safe because of how the trigger shoe and bar move in the same direction on the Glock (which is not the case on the P365)

Here's the short of it. The P365 isn't going to fire unless you pull the trigger Period. Some people like to speculate that they are somehow going to get their clothes or something caught up in the trigger guard area as they go to holster their weapon and that's going to pull the trigger? I guess anything is possible. You can get hit by lightening or win the Lottery too but I don't spend much time worrying about any of those things. I just makes sure not to stand outside by a tree or flag pole in lightening storms and pay attention when holstering my pistols.

If that concerns you then I suggest you either sell the gun and get something else or install the manual safety. The parts needed are the P365 Manual Safety Lever, P365 Manual Safety Spring and P365 Manual Safety Detent and can be purchased as a kit for $45 (Sig Sauer P365 Manual Safety Conversion Kit) and you make the needed cuts on your current grip module or but a complete kit with new grip module for $95 (Sig Sauer P365XL Manual Safety Conversion Kit w/ Grip
View Quote

This^^^^^^^^^

On my carry guns I holster the gun only when it is off my belt or I am at the range practicing draws. I don't need to un-holster and re-holster my carry gun a bunch of times when I am out and about carrying in public. Why would I? What would the purpose of that be? How many times have you had to draw down on someone or something when carrying in public?

I do practice drawing from my OWB holsters at the range. But I make sure my shirt is solidly tucked inside my belt and I look at my gun as I re-holster after each practice draw. I do the same with my revolvers, which don't have safeties either.

I feel at least as comfortable carrying one of my two P365s without manual safeties as I do my Glock 19s, Glock 43s or Glock 42. What make anyone think the Glock is safer?

Someone has some bad information or just plain didn't learn much about the gun he bought before he bought it.

Link Posted: 2/7/2021 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I’ve not carried mine much since I added a S&W 638 to my rotation, but when I need more capacity, it’s the best.

I sold my Glock 43, my Shield, and turned my Glock 26 into a truck gun.

I shoot the P365 better than any of those.
Well, I shoot the Glock as well but it’s thicker.

Anybody using the P365 as a carry gun?
View Quote

When do you know that you need high capacity as opposed to lower capacity?
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 2:07:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

When do you know that you need high capacity as opposed to lower capacity?
View Quote

Usually right about the time you need more capacity.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I just came back to the P365.

I just picked up a P365 and an M18 this week. It’s probably in my head, but something about the P365 seems better made than the one I had a couple of years back.

Sig has really turned it around.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This^^^^^^^^^

On my carry guns I holster the gun only when it is off my belt or I am at the range practicing draws. I don't need to un-holster and re-holster my carry gun a bunch of times when I am out and about carrying in public. Why would I? What would the purpose of that be? How many times have you had to draw down on someone or something when carrying in public?

I do practice drawing from my OWB holsters at the range. But I make sure my shirt is solidly tucked inside my belt and I look at my gun as I re-holster after each practice draw. I do the same with my revolvers, which don't have safeties either.

I feel at least as comfortable carrying one of my two P365s without manual safeties as I do my Glock 19s, Glock 43s or Glock 42. What make anyone think the Glock is safer?

Someone has some bad information or just plain didn't learn much about the gun he bought before he bought it.

View Quote

The internal safeties on the Glock are objectively a superior design. Glock has multiple safety redundancies vs sig where everything relies on the rear piece of the striker.

Not that I think it’s going to go off randomly, I have some of each and they all work, but if you really examine the designs and look at how they work glock’s is better and safer imo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 11:57:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The internal safeties on the Glock are objectively a superior design. Glock has multiple safety redundancies vs sig where everything relies on the rear piece of the striker.

Not that I think it’s going to go off randomly, I have some of each and they all work, but if you really examine the designs and look at how they work glock’s is better and safer imo.
View Quote

you're conflating the mechanisms of a P320 vs a P365.
the P365 has a separate striker safety block located in the slide, not on the striker mechanism. it's actuated by an internal lever when the trigger is pulled. Glock has a similar striker block that is actuated by a protrusion on the trigger bar when the trigger is pulled.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

you're conflating the mechanisms of a P320 vs a P365.
the P365 has a separate striker safety block located in the slide, not on the striker mechanism. it's actuated by an internal lever when the trigger is pulled. Glock has a similar striker block that is actuated by a protrusion on the trigger bar when the trigger is pulled.
View Quote

I have a P365 and just took it apart the other day. Yes the striker block is in the slide, but the part of the striker that engages with the striker block is at the rear of the striker basically stemming off the side of where the sear engages.

Glocks striker block engages an area towards the front of the striker and is completely separate
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#22]
The 365 system is safe as is but the bonus is being able to make it safer if one desires by the easy addition of an actual safety that many frown upon.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:52:39 AM EDT
[#23]
After carrying my new G30 for two weeks, I just went back to the XL with Holosun, tonight. I have two XL’s and one regular. While the G30 wasn’t bad to carry, the P365XL feels so much better and lighter. I still carried with a 12 round mag in the gun with a 15 round mags backup. It’ll be more comfortable tomorrow at work, as well.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#24]
A Glock 26 is not a "truck gun." Funniest shit I've read in a while.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:37:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

News flash... Any gun that permanently resides in your truck is by definition a "truck gun"
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 8:39:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I’m 6’4” and can cc anything up to a P226.  My EDC used to be a P239, which I still love and wouldn’t give up for anything!!

Now and for the past 18 mos, my 365 is all I carry, in an Alien Gear IWB @ 3:30.  It’s the first EDC combo that makes me I forget that I’m wearing and don’t feel like I want to take off as soon as I get home.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 11:12:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is some of the dumbest shit I’ve read in awhile.

Nothing wrong with having a G26 in the console of your vehicle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#28]
been looking at getting one of these...whats the generally acceptable manu. date to get passed the "issues" the guns had on the earlier models?
ive done some internet searching, but hard to pin down a timeframe
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
been looking at getting one of these...whats the generally acceptable manu. date to get passed the "issues" the guns had on the earlier models?
ive done some internet searching, but hard to pin down a timeframe
View Quote

I believe it was July of 2018.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top