Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2011 4:31:03 PM EDT
You need to sign up for a whitehouse.gov account to sign this. They need 5000 in 30 days.  Cross-posted to handgun discussions for more exposure.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/support-hr-822-national-right-carry-reciprocity-act-2011/FD9zpRf5?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I actually posted this in the GD a few hours ago, but good idea reposting here
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never known of an online petition that did any good. It's more like data mining if anything.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:39:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I've never known of an online petition that did any good. It's more like data mining if anything.

Everything you do on the internet is data mining.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 4:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Usually getting the FED involved tends to screw it up.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#5]
hit it!
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:58:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate not being able to carry in certain states. But giving the Federal Government the power to tell states they have to honor this and that just takes more state rights away. Not to mention the fed could make it so that you have to have a federally issued permit (which no one will be able to get) which is just more gun control. I hope I am wrong but I think this will lead to less rights for us.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Wife and I both hit this.

Even if it makes it to bill form, and passes both houses, (very unlikely I think...) I'm almost certain 0 will veto this so fast he'll get pen burn.

Only way this will make it through is if it's attached to something horrible. Better to wait for an R pres, I'm not a parry fan boy, but I have no doubt he'd pass this thing in a hurry.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:33:09 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I hate not being able to carry in certain states. But giving the Federal Government the power to tell states they have to honor this and that just takes more state rights away. Not to mention the fed could make it so that you have to have a federally issued permit (which no one will be able to get) which is just more gun control. I hope I am wrong but I think this will lead to less rights for us.

I don't get this statment.....How is it the right of states to remove ones' legal right to carry?  i have one license to drive thats good for all states..and yet the car kills more people then a firearm every year.  Yet I'm legal carry concealed in NH but if i cross over the state line i could get a year in prison (its very easy to cross the state line on back roads and not know,most are marked but these are very old roads with overgrown trees)

I just don't get it   are we living in a country...or are we living in a community of countries? each with their own interpretation of the Constitution?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#9]
i could easily accidently cross over into maryland or even...gasp DC fromt where i live, just by the mess of roads and traffic
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get this statment.....How is it the right of states to remove ones' legal right to carry?  i have one license to drive thats good for all states..and yet the car kills more people then a firearm every year.  Yet I'm legal carry concealed in NH but if i cross over the state line i could get a year in prison (its very easy to cross the state line on back roads and not know,most are marked but these are very old roads with overgrown trees)

I just don't get it   are we living in a country...or are we living in a community of countries? each with their own interpretation of the Constitution?

State constitution , states rights. In short its wrong for someone in Iowa to have any say as to what someone in Missouri wants.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 5:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not saying it is right for states to not allow us carry. I am just leery of the federal govt stepping in on this issue. Are they going to make us get a nationally registered license?  Will it be "shall issue" or will it be up to the discretion of Eric Holder?  I certainly hope not. I am just sayin we need less government regulation especially from the Fed. Will this just give them room for back door gun control?  I hope I am wrong about it. I will say that this worried me before I ever got an email from "National Association for Gun Rights" concerned about the same thing.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get this statment.....How is it the right of states to remove ones' legal right to carry? i have one license to drive thats good for all states..and yet the car kills more people then a firearm every year. Yet I'm legal carry concealed in NH but if i cross over the state line i could get a year in prison (its very easy to cross the state line on back roads and not know,most are marked but these are very old roads with overgrown trees)

I just don't get it are we living in a country...or are we living in a community of countries? each with their own interpretation of the Constitution?

I am not saying it is right for states to not allow us carry. I am just leery of the federal govt stepping in on this issue. Are they going to make us get a nationally registered license? Will it be "shall issue" or will it be up to the discretion of Eric Holder? I certainly hope not. I am just sayin we need less government regulation especially from the Fed. Will this just give them room for back door gun control? I hope I am wrong about it. I will say that this worried me before I ever got an email from "National Association for Gun Rights" concerned about the same thing.

US Constitution gives "us" the right to bear arms....and yet the little states get to tell us NO..and how we can have the right in our "home" state but not thiers..........yea right....only way around it is for the GOV to step in...make getting a "Carry License" like getting a drivers licence..but its good in ALL states...sure it will making getting a license harder...but its well worth it...and my states prob the easiest.

Thing is the organization already exists, has the head count to do all the required work...and is accountable to get it done right...for if done wrong..poof their goes the system............
                     NRA..............
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't get this statment.....How is it the right of states to remove ones' legal right to carry? i have one license to drive thats good for all states..and yet the car kills more people then a firearm every year. Yet I'm legal carry concealed in NH but if i cross over the state line i could get a year in prison (its very easy to cross the state line on back roads and not know,most are marked but these are very old roads with overgrown trees)

I just don't get it are we living in a country...or are we living in a community of countries? each with their own interpretation of the Constitution?

State constitution , states rights. In short its wrong for someone in Iowa to have any say as to what someone in Missouri wants.

Um ...laws are almost always written to stop or prohibit something...yet your comment is aimed like they will force you to do something......like what..alow same sex marriage?...or force you to mow your lawn?...both by the way are unconstitiunal....yet states or better yet city's get to tell you what isn't constitutional?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Its easier to change this on a local level than a national level. You wont want .GOV having the end say in may issue ,shall issue,round count or whether you can only carry your qualifying pistol. The way to do it is to get the states to agree on a reciprocity system. And it can be done because Missouri permit is good in 37 states. Everything king Midas touches turns to gold, everything .GOV touches turns to .............well you know.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#15]
I hit it like the fist of an angry God!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:09:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not saying it is right for states to not allow us carry. I am just leery of the federal govt stepping in on this issue. Are they going to make us get a nationally registered license? Will it be "shall issue" or will it be up to the discretion of Eric Holder? I certainly hope not. I am just sayin we need less government regulation especially from the Fed. Will this just give them room for back door gun control? I hope I am wrong about it. I will say that this worried me before I ever got an email from "National Association for Gun Rights" concerned about the same thing.

US Constitution gives "us" the right to bear arms....and yet the little states get to tell us NO..and how we can have the right in our "home" state but not thiers..........yea right....only way around it is for the GOV to step in...make getting a "Carry License" like getting a drivers licence..but its good in ALL states...sure it will making getting a license harder...but its well worth it...and my states prob the easiest.

Thing is the organization already exists, has the head count to do all the required work...and is accountable to get it done right...for if done wrong..poof their goes the system............

NRA..............

Agreed, the US constitution gives us the right to bear arms. The problem I have is that I don't trust the Fed to honor the constitution in the way that I think they should. I am afraid that they are going to say something like,, "We give everyone the right to carry across any state lines. However, you have to have our permit to do it, and oh by the way it will be VERY difficult to get a permit, and you guys in NH that don't have to have a permit in your state, (because they already honor our constitution), well now you have to have one too. Screw what your state says."

Again just my fears. Maybe my tinfoil is too tight. If this passes and I am wrong then this will be a good thing.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top