Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 5:49:07 AM EDT
I wanted to compare which two guns I have, to carry in a Galco ankle holster. They are S&W 637 5 round .38 and Colt mustang .380 6 round mag. and one in the chamber. THX
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:56:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Which ever one you shoot better.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:07:39 AM EDT
[#2]
tell us more about yourself, otherwise you might as well of asked auto or wheelgun and nothing else
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#3]
637 every time.  No safety to deal with. Draw and shoot.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Whichever is lighter.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wanted to compare which two guns I have, to carry in a Galco ankle holster. They are S&W 637 5 round .38 and Colt mustang .380 6 round mag. and one in the chamber. THX
View Quote

So you have these two guns, and you want us to compare them for you?

I have a Mustang, no wheel guns though.  Mustang is my summer carry/deep concealment piece, though I'd never wear it on my ankle...I'm not a fan of ankle carry.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I personally find that a JFrame hides well on my ankle.. I very rarely carry there though.

Either would be a fine BUG... Whichever you shoot better and feel more comfortable with would be my choice.
Make sure your holster fits the gun well... Would hate to see either damaged by slipping out of the holster and getting kicked across pavement.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:44:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd sell them both and acquire something better with more capacity and carry somewhere in my waist.

If I can carry an HK USP 9 daily in this TX heat then everyone else can carry something similar as well.

And don't bitch to me about budget, I saved up for a year to buy my USP 9($800 NIB).
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:13:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Airweight S&W 38 w/Crimson Trace grips in an ankle holster for me. I prefer S&W 442s or 642s w/ No Lock.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:37:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Everyone is different as far as based on job/ environment / body type/ climate etc what they can carry. I see people all the time tell me hey with your body type and wardrobe you could carry a full size gun every day. But in a no. Gun work environment with a lot of bending stooping etc anklecarry works for me. I use a j frame but either the colt ( if it has been shot a good amount and is 100% reliable with your carry ammo) or j frame s a toss up. Slightly less power with the 380 but two extra shots before reloading. With most ccw encounters very close very fast it will be over long before it is reload time. ( I still carry a reload or two anyway)
Also some people will claim an ankle rig is slow but with practice I can beat to the first shot people wearing belt rigs with shirts tucked over them and ankle rigs excel when seated which many of us do for a lot of our work day plus in the car
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top