Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/7/2013 3:10:34 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2013 3:11:12 AM EST by Ghost-1]
Ok I am looking for a sight pusher as we all know it is one of those things all of us need to have in the tool bag. I have Trijicon HD's on my Glock and I am confused about which one I need to get as I keep seeing two different ones made by MGW for Glocks. One is made for sights I guess that are factory profile style sights part number:

584-045-017WB
Glock Sight Mover
Mfr Part: MGW309

Then you have this other one which is made for Glocks with flat sided sights and the part number for it is:

584-000-004WB
Glock Flat-Side Sight Mover
Mfr Part: MGW309S

Here is a link to Brownells website that shows both of them. http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-adjusting-tools/semi-auto-sight-mover-prod8846.aspx

I did check the Q&A but they really did not seem to help when I was looking. I figured some one here might be able to tell me and might have one of these and would know which one I need go with.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:30:42 AM EST
i use a towel, vise and plastic tool. works like a charm
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:41:21 AM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
View Quote

Yeah I don't have a vise or really any plastic tools all metal. I figured I would go ahead get a sight pusher as I know I am going to need one anyways just trying to figure out which one I need to get.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:43:09 AM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2013 3:46:52 AM EST by joshiedoom]
Edit:

I'm still asleep.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:45:20 AM EST
Go for the straight sided sight pusher. I have used mine on straight and slope sided sights.

When using it on sloped sights, the only "downside" is that it may leave a small mark on the sight where the tool contacts the sight if you don't put a piece of cardboard or something between the sight pusher and the sight.

I have also done the hammer and punch method before buying the tool. You will not regret buying this tool.

I think you can probably find them cheaper than Brownells. I paid about $90 for mine about a year and a half ago.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:52:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By TargetBlaster:
Go for the straight sided sight pusher. I have used mine on straight and slope sided sights.

When using it on sloped sights, the only "downside" is that it may leave a small mark on the sight where the tool contacts the sight if you don't put a piece of cardboard or something between the sight pusher and the sight.

I have also done the hammer and punch method before buying the tool. You will not regret buying this tool.

I think you can probably find them cheaper than Brownells. I paid about $90 for mine about a year and a half ago.

View Quote

Ok thanks I was thinking that the straight sided one would be the one to go with but was needing some more input on it. I am checking around some more but with my discount from brownells I don't pay the price they are showing on the website for it, it is cheaper than that. I was also looking there as I am looking at getting the Vickers mag release and slide stop also to throw on my GEN4 Glock.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:07:38 AM EST
Originally Posted By TargetBlaster:

View Quote

I have both models from MGW. They are a must if you have or want to do multiple sights on many guns. Every sight manufacturer uses different grade bar stock (the hardness) on their sights. So some may leave a mark and some may not when you use a different sight pusher on it
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 5:58:09 AM EST
I got my sight tools from Glockmeister. They may not be the cheapest but they work well for me.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 6:15:55 AM EST
Ok thanks I will check them out and see what they have.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 9:41:32 AM EST
I bought one of amazon for 59.99. I haven't used the ones you posted to compare but I have had no issues installing sights on two different glocks with it. It is double sided for both angled and flat sights.

Link: http://www.amazon.com/Sight-Master-Pusher-Tool/dp/B00BD65Y4C
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 1:50:37 PM EST

Installing a Trijicon HD rear sight was a pain in the ass for me and a friend. We tried to use his sight pusher but it only got it in about 1/8 of an inch. After it was destroying the metal, we put it in a vice with blocks to support the slide. Two man job. We used a socket extension covered in electrical tape and whacked away. Problem solved. If I had a chance to start over again, I would have filed the rear sight to fit.

Link Posted: 12/7/2013 3:52:02 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2013 3:54:40 PM EST by Dana1972]
Originally Posted By Ghost-1:
Ok I am looking for a sight pusher as we all know it is one of those things all of us need to have in the tool bag. I have Trijicon HD's on my Glock and I am confused about which one I need to get as I keep seeing two different ones made by MGW for Glocks. One is made for sights I guess that are factory profile style sights part number:

584-045-017WB
Glock Sight Mover

Then you have this other one which is made for Glocks with flat sided sights and the part number for it is:

584-000-004WB

Here is a link to Brownells website that shows both of them. http://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/sight-scope-installation-tools/sight-adjusting-tools/semi-auto-sight-mover-prod8846.aspx

I did check the Q&A but they really did not seem to help when I was looking. I figured some one here might be able to tell me and might have one of these and would know which one I need go with.

View Quote

I have the MGW that I use for HD's on all of my Glocks. I'm in Texas and will send it to you to use if you can ship it back to me?
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 4:26:28 PM EST
Originally Posted By Dana1972:

I have the MGW that I use for HD's on all of my Glocks. I'm in Texas and will send it to you to use if you can ship it back to me?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dana1972:
Originally Posted By Ghost-1:

584-045-017WB
Glock Sight Mover

584-000-004WB

Thanks for the offer but I am not sure of exactly when I am going to need to use it. I am going to try and go to the range this coming weekend or the following weekend. It will depend on what else I have going on, that is why I am looking to buy my own pusher so I will be able to use it when I need it and not have to borrow one and be rushed or worry about hurrying up and getting it back to them.
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 6:37:30 PM EST
they have those 50.00 ones on ebay that work fine on glocks
Link Posted: 12/7/2013 11:19:10 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/7/2013 11:23:43 PM EST by 021411]
I have no affiliation with this company but I did buy a pusher from them. Works just fine. I've installed two sets of sights already. Both sights didn't require any fitting on my part. They slid almost half way in before I had to push it.

Edit: Link removed. Same ones people have already posted. Too lazy to read other replies.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:08:42 AM EST
Hi I'm a glock armorer and a pistolmith. I would recomend the angled pusher. Most ,not all straight walled sights require fitting and a pusher can break the sight or break itself. Sight pushers are only used for factory style sights like Trijicon (HD included), meprolight , glock, and Some Ameriglo sights.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 12:10:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 12:10:45 PM EST by Ghost-1]
Originally Posted By TMC2327:
Hi I'm a glock armorer and a pistolmith. I would recomend the angled pusher. Most ,not all straight walled sights require fitting and a pusher can break the sight or break itself. Sight pushers are only used for factory style sights like Trijicon (HD included), meprolight , glock, and Some Ameriglo sights.
View Quote

Ok thanks for the info, I will go with the angled sight pusher then instead of flat sided one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:18:21 PM EST
I have an old school Glock tool that I bought through the armorer program about 12-13 years ago. It is built like a brick sh&* house, and it works easy every time. I understand the new Glock tools have been redesigned and are inferior. My suggestion is to look for a vintage Glock site tool.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:19:33 PM EST
Originally Posted By pc-ops:
View Quote

This works too. I have changed sights on a number of different guns using a padded vise and a soft punch. Just be patient and take your time. If you are going to work on guns, you need a vise anyway.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:35:00 PM EST
Hardware store plastic hammer $2.99
20 mins + patience.

Job done. If they break from light impacts from a plastic hammer then I definitely don't want them on a SD piece. (My 2 cents)
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 9:28:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By MikeDeltaFoxtrot:
I have an old school Glock tool that I bought through the armorer program about 12-13 years ago. It is built like a brick sh&* house, and it works easy every time. I understand the new Glock tools have been redesigned and are inferior. My suggestion is to look for a vintage Glock site tool.
View Quote

I use that inferior Clock tool without any problems. Unlike MGW, it supports both sides of slide frame.
Of course I'd prefer the older version, but couldn't find one anywhere.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 11:06:57 PM EST
i dont use a vice dont have one i use a plastic rubber mallet double end and a punch set. get some tape and a board and its simple.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:01:40 PM EST
Just installed a set of Trijicon HD's on my buddy's G22. The rear sight definitely had to be fitted. Again I used the cheap $60 sight pusher without any problems. But the key is fitting the rear. You can't just jam the rear sight in the dovetail and expect it to be smooth sailing.
Top Top