Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2015 5:45:01 PM EDT
I have a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in .44Magnum which is has become one of my favorite handguns, for carry and for shooting.
I'd like to get some trigger/action work done to smooth things up a bit, and have some better sights installed.
Not looking at getting any porting done to this little guy.

Which gunsmith should I send it to?

Bowen

Gemini

Reeder

Are there any other well known name I am missing??

Why would you choose one over the other?

Does anyone have any experience with any of them?
thanks ahead of time for the input.
Danomite!

Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:36:59 PM EDT
[#1]
From what I have read - I would probably go Bowen or Gemini. In terms of which - I think it entirely depends on what sights you want. Each of those has their own options.

I would really like to have a gun worked over by Gemini one of these days, but I were looking for a back country carry gun, it would be Bowen.

-shooter
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 2:51:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Bowen.  Hand down.

Gemini is second but Bowen all the way.
Link Posted: 12/22/2015 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I have read - I would probably go Bowen or Gemini. In terms of which - I think it entirely depends on what sights you want. Each of those has their own options.

I would really like to have a gun worked over by Gemini one of these days, but I were looking for a back country carry gun, it would be Bowen.

-shooter
View Quote

from what I see, Gemini uses Bowen sights.
than you for the input.
Link Posted: 12/23/2015 4:07:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

than you for the input.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-shooter

than you for the input.

I didn't realize that.

One thing I meant to say is, I think what you want done is very much in the wheelhouse of both Bowen and Gemini. You will be ecstatic with the results.

-shooter
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll be sending a Ruger Super Blackhawk Bisley in 454 Casull for Bowen's Bisley Perfected package.  While I've used Jim Stroh from Alpha Precision in the past for my revolver work, he is no longer in business.

I was impressed when Hamilton Bowen answered the phone when I called with some questions and spent about 10 minutes with me and a couple of e-mails helping me put my build sheet together.  Very down to earth, patient with my questions and basically an all around gentlemen.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Bowen does gorgeous work. I sent mine to JRH Advanced Gunsmithing to get a lot of work done this past month. If you go over to singleactions.net you will see a lot of examples of all of their work.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top